Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedLiner View Post
    I'll have the shiny one sitting on the wooden pallet

In Málaga city there is the Guadalhorce industrial estate with one street that are all breakers yards. I go to Málaga a couple of times a month so I'll see if I can hunt down an LT95 complete box.
    I assume the boxes are the same for LHD and RHD, it's just that we swapped over a Mitsubishi gearbox last year taken from a LHD truck only to find it would not fit into a RHD truck as it was a mirror image

James.
    the hi - lo lever swaps to either side of the box James ..... if you're running an old skool diesel, you'll need an adapter plate though ..... all the 95s were V8 fit ... as far as I'm aware ... but STBC

Now to spoil your night ... I slung two perfectly good ones in the skip when I cleared my old yard ... one with a Fairey OD on the arse end .... and three good rolling classic RR chassis .... and about 20, V8s in various states
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post

Now to spoil your night ... I slung two perfectly good ones in the skip when I cleared my old yard ... one with a Fairey OD on the arse end .... and three good rolling classic RR chassis .... and about 20, V8s in various states
      Yes, a nice hot night here with a barbecue, cooling off in the pool but now thoroughly spoilt with your news

A few years ago I left a £100 deposit to buy a SWB series 3 Land rover with a Fairey overdrive that was located deep in an old ammunition tunnel in Gibraltar.
      Sad to say that at that time so much was going on I didn't follow up and complete the purchase, so I lost out on my hundred quid and the LandRover.

As an aside, me and the missus drove our '93 SL500 over to the UK to visit very old friends who have a farm near to Aberystwyth. It was in May and the soft top was down, we got more sunburn than we get here in Spain. A fabulous break and we really enjoyed that part of Wales, however in all of those two weeks I didn't here any Welsh spoken which was a real disappointment.

Pob hwyl,

James.
      No trees were harmed creating this message, however some electrons were very inconvenienced.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLiner View Post
        Yes, a nice hot night here with a barbecue, cooling off in the pool but now thoroughly spoilt with your news

A few years ago I left a £100 deposit to buy a SWB series 3 Land rover with a Fairey overdrive that was located deep in an old ammunition tunnel in Gibraltar.
        Sad to say that at that time so much was going on I didn't follow up and complete the purchase, so I lost out on my hundred quid and the LandRover.

As an aside, me and the missus drove our '93 SL500 over to the UK to visit very old friends who have a farm near to Aberystwyth. It was in May and the soft top was down, we got more sunburn than we get here in Spain. A fabulous break and we really enjoyed that part of Wales, however in all of those two weeks I didn't here any Welsh spoken which was a real disappointment.

Pob hwyl,

James.
        VERY surprised at that James ... tha's yachi da land up there .... only the last few years the pubs have opened on a Sunday

'Tis a nice part of the world and one of my favorite 'Sunday afternoon' circuits, up there and back on a big circular route through the mountains.
        Been quite some time since I've done it .....
        last time was on a Z1300, that I'd not long bought, middle of no-where and I'm toodling along thinking "if this breaks down now 'she' is gonna have the screaming hab dabs" ...
        came round a bend to find two birds on the side of the road, flagging me down .....
        car knacked and parked about a mile down a track to a reservoir .... did I have a phone ...
        "yep, but no bloody service up here FFS nearest phone box is about 5 miles ... thataway ..... good luck" ...
        on me own'd have been a different story
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
        X