Kubota U25-3a dipper/bucket dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota U25-3a dipper/bucket dimensions

Hello chaps, currently away from home and will be for the next few weeks hence the following question.

I have been looking for a quick hitch but obviously cant measure my bucket centres of dipper width as not at home, does anyone know or have access to the dimensions.

And what in the best mini quick hitch to go for?

Cheers,

Fairmer.

Its 110mm throat gap on 140mm centres with 30mm pins. Jury is out on best type .. Ive had 3 different types and they all wear just as bad
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Cheers Muz, all the ones that keep popping up are Miller, they as good/bad as the rest?

Cheers,

Fairmer.

Comment

Well I cant fault the Miller ones on the bigger kit I have ... these are hydraulic ones though ...I assume its a manual one you are looking at ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Excuse my quick hitch ignorance, if you mean manual by it has a lever to release a catch on a spring type arrangement then yes.

Cheers,

Fairmer.

Comment

Originally posted by fairmer View Post
            if you mean manual by it has a lever to release a catch on a spring type arrangement then yes.
            Yes thats a manual one. Incidentally you may find them specced as 115 gap as 110 is tight on the dipper. The last pair I had in on that size were made by Whites of Bristol ..http://www.whitesmh.co.uk/springlock...-couplers.html and came with a pair of Kubotas ... Havent had them long enough to evaluate, but they seem quite beefy.

The bigger Miller ones I have, have been excellent, but, because they are hydraulic.. that maintains a constant force pushing outwards to keep the pins locked tight. Most manual systems get a bit slappy after a while and need re facing to keep them tight.

We also used to use these on 3,4,4.5 and 5 tonners

http://www.harfordattachments.co.uk/...ches/wedgelock

Dont know if theyve improved the design .. for a manual system they do eliminate free play , but we got a lot of problems with the wedge plate over travelling or the thread system coming apart meaning you got a bucket left locked to the machine and I wouldn't recommend those .. but if its for owner operator use you might be fine, ours were all in hire fleets which is quite hard on them.

Comment

scott

A co from Ireland is over doing some work near me have a few kubotas all fairly new with these on , look quite good to be fair and maintenance free

http://www.brianscottengineering.co..../quick-hitches

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
                A co from Ireland is over doing some work near me have a few kubotas all fairly new with these on , look quite good to be fair and maintenance free

http://www.brianscottengineering.co..../quick-hitches
                Aye I think they call those a half hitch .. does eliminate a lot of moving bits

Comment

Aye an' a well made half hitch at that - gonna be a long time getting slop in that
                  If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                    Aye an' a well made half hitch at that - gonna be a long time getting slop in that
                    Martin hitches are a good manual hitch for Midi excavators.

Mick

Comment

cheers for the all the helpful suggestions chaps.

Comment

Working...
                      X