• Bling

Always wondered how he made it pay , know the answer now
    will be some sale http://www.bigrigs.com.au/news/hha-g...ammer/2748626/

Pity the steering wheel is on the wrong side I'd take two

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
      Or a 'stitch up' - doubt the creditors'll come out of it well, whatever way it goes. Terranova were/are a classic example.Oh and of course 'Tricky Dicky'!!
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by James Waterfall View Post
        Pity the steering wheel is on the wrong side I'd take two
        Steering wheels are on the correct side James , as this is in Australia.
        From what i have heard the gear auctioned so far ,has gone for top dollar.
        Won't be enough to pay back all that is owed.
        Another transport company bought a half share in HHA ,over 12 months ago,so now they are in trouble also .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
          Steering wheels are on the correct side James , as this is in Australia.
          From what i have heard the gear auctioned so far ,has gone for top dollar.
          Won't be enough to pay back all that is owed.
          Another transport company bought a half share in HHA ,over 12 months ago,so now they are in trouble also .
          Forgot myself Ian

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
            Some impressive tackle there

Your question reminded me of my own thoughts at the number of times Ive asked myself the same thing ? Time after time I drive up and down the country looking at kit owned by some 'new guy' on the scene. A classic case here in Scotland recently :

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/...-road-builder/

You drive up and down the land and see all their new kit, trucks, diggers, dumpers etc and wonder how they do it ?... have they discovered some secret that I hadn't found after 25 years in the industry ? and of course the answer is in the link above. They can't do it.

Trouble is .. whilst these guys are there .. they are cutting rates in a race to the bottom just so they can survive, and all the rest of us have to put up with it, and accept lower margins because of them .. Its the one thing I really don't like about this industry.
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by James Waterfall View Post
              Forgot myself Ian
              No worries , I guess you don't get to see a lot of American trucks over there ,where here a great percentage of trucks running up and down the highway here are american .,There was a couple of Volvos in HHAs fleet ,But most were Macks or Kenworths .
              John Kelly had a lot of knockers,,Most i guess would never have the balls to actually go and have a go at doing something .
              I believe HHAs biggest customer a major mining company slowed their payments . With Heavy Haulage , the figures are huge and mount up quickly .
              Sad to see this ripped apart .

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                Some impressive tackle there

Your question reminded me of my own thoughts at the number of times Ive asked myself the same thing ? Time after time I drive up and down the country looking at kit owned by some 'new guy' on the scene. A classic case here in Scotland recently :

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/...-road-builder/

You drive up and down the land and see all their new kit, trucks, diggers, dumpers etc and wonder how they do it ?... have they discovered some secret that I hadn't found after 25 years in the industry ? and of course the answer is in the link above. They can't do it.

Trouble is .. whilst these guys are there .. they are cutting rates in a race to the bottom just so they can survive, and all the rest of us have to put up with it, and accept lower margins because of them .. Its the one thing I really don't like about this industry.
                Thing is Muz, whilst they're racing to oblivion, they're pulling serious bucks themselves, knowing full well that some other poor mug is going to have to swallow a loss they're creating for someone else - bastards !!

There was a guy round here years ago who 'poached' my best customer off me, with prices for structural work that didn't even cover material costs!!

I found out which stockholder was supplying him and had a 'discussion' with the MD, who I knew well, about the fact that when this guy went tits up,as was the only result of his performing, they weren't gonna get paid!!
                "It's insured" was the answer and "I'm contributing to the ing premiums" was my response !!!!!

Sure enough, he was gone in a few months owing £3/4M to various stockholders/suppliers/etc. - he'd been paid for all the work he'd knocked out at below cost levels and squirreled it away, out of reach of the receivers!!
                Left my customer, who he'd poached, in the lurch without projects completed/supplied - inevitably they're on the phone wanting baling out - sorry too busy pal with my other 'loyal' customers.

What galled me most was the bastard was trading again in 2 days with the same stockholders he'd just stitched up - a.n.other conversation was had - same answer - "it's insured" - my response, "been nice doing biz with you for twenty odd years ... won't be any more".

It's this attitude that is completely screwing the UK - company law has to change in the UK to stop these ers - professional 'go bust' merchants - I could give you a list !!!
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                  It's this attitude that is completely screwing the UK - company law has to change in the UK to stop these ers - professional 'go bust' merchants - I could give you a list !!!
                  Ohhhhhhhhh yeah ..... and I'll give you ten more

Worse .. is the accountants who milk down all the money available to pay them selves ,,, and structure the insolvency so as to give them a wage, but leave all for the people who were actually owed the debts
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    Ohhhhhhhhh yeah ..... and I'll give you ten more

Worse .. is the accountants who milk down all the money available to pay them selves ,,, and structure the insolvency so as to give them a wage, but leave all for the people who were actually owed the debts
                    Sounds like we could both hold forth on this one for hours Muz - on a cheerful note - there was a father and son by the name of H**hes playing this game - last I heard, they were doing their bit supporting a motorway bridge - no one has seen 'em in years
                    Pissed off a LOT of people round here - hopefully the wrong ones too!!

Comment

Working...
                    X