No announcement yet.

What you all doing today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was doing subgrade prep at work today for a road with a Kommie D61 dozer with six way blade and three shank ripper. Bit of a gong show as it always seems to be with this crew but I'm earning a paycheque. One of these days I'll post a whole bunch of pictures from the projects I've been on this summer.

Comment

Going out here to get the post driver on the 28z3 going. Need to put a bit more weight on the hammer as the grounds so hard!

Comment

Well .. after ripping out a leaky shower and re lining the walls with marine ply .. my joinery skills were up to scratch as were the plumbing skills when refitting the base ... but .. then I started re tilling the walls .. clearly I have forgotton this skill set .... a few school boy errors later and Ive ripped it all off as always....... a night to sleep on it should help to refresh the mind as to the tricks of the trade .. I should say .. despite all the things I have learned in a life of plant .. I will still never, ever, attempt the dark art of carpet fitting
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Plus I was trying a diagonal tile job.... I should say
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

screw a straight edge to the wall - steel or timber batten to work to to start Muz - you're a glutton for punishment going 45deg.s with the joints - it's a tough 'un that, but same applies - yer need a supporting edge to start off (and a block to stop it sliding for 45s)
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Well .. yesterday I went to this what a fantastic day out,.... the inticipated 50,000 visitors turned out to be 120,000 Some brilliant displays including the red arrows

http://www.scottishairshow.com/whats-on/air-display

Comment

I had said to my wife whilst at the air show ... the Vulcan bomber seemed to be doing quite a lot of circuits before landing at the airport next to where the show was . Its due to retire this year, because it costs to much to keep it flying .. but here's the reason it couldn't land...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...rgency-6391268

Good job it wasnt carrying its intended load of nuclear weapons at the time like it was supposed to do in its hey day

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  I had said to my wife whilst at the air show ... the Vulcan bomber seemed to be doing quite a lot of circuits before landing at the airport next to where the show was . Its due to retire this year, because it costs to much to keep it flying .. but here's the reason it couldn't land...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...rgency-6391268

Good job it wasnt carrying its intended load of nuclear weapons at the time like it was supposed to do in its hey day
                  I'm green Muz - never seen one in the air and doubt I will now - mega-awesome bird Something about the Vulcan
                  If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                    I'm green Muz - never seen one in the air and doubt I will now - mega-awesome bird Something about the Vulcan
                    Aye its some tool .. the Red Arrows were the show stopper though .. stunning display and we had perfect weather

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...08&oe=55EE285E

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      Aye its some tool .. the Red Arrows were the show stopper though .. stunning display and we had perfect weather

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...08&oe=55EE285E
                      That's some bit of flying eh

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                        That's some bit of flying eh
                        I got about 20 vids just as impressive on the day .. It was a fantastic day out .. And all for a tenner

Comment

Working...
                        X