Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Cawdor in Scotland

Afternoon gents,

I am joining your ranks as the recent purchaser of a 1.8 ton 322 bobcat mini ex. This is currently on a magical mystery tour from the seller in Luton to me here in the highlands. It'll be here tomorrow god willing and its a canopied machine as opposed to a cabbed.

I have been borrowing my neighbours cat 302.5 to do jobs around my smallholding and got to the point where I needed something myself for the smaller jobs I have and also to build my skill on. I appreciate I can drive a mini 360 but really operating it and showing the skill lads like yourselves have gained over your years of experience is some way off I think!
    I have about 10 acres of land so learning at my own pace up here shouldn't be difficult or overly dangerous given the space i have.

Some pics tomorrow when it arrives, assuming its not fallen off the arctic since I last checked on it!!

Glad to meet you all.

Welcome Sir It would be a pleasure to see some pics .. Ive advanced your new P&C account to enable you to do so
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Cracking Muz thanks!

Weathers meant to be a bit iffy tomorrow, maybe I should have gone for one with a cab!!

Comment

Greetings Boyo and welcome along to Muz's Best Marigold Forum

Look forward to seeing yer new mount - how you getting it off the artic?

Weather's supposed to be on the change tomorrow, as you say. Been nice to have it dry for a week and will be a disappointment to see precipitation again, though having said that it's had a go here tonight for a few minutes !!

Actually been dry enough to get something done, for a change.
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          Greetings Boyo and welcome along to Muz's Best Marigold Forum

Look forward to seeing yer new mount - how you getting it off the artic?

Weather's supposed to be on the change tomorrow, as you say. Been nice to have it dry for a week and will be a disappointment to see precipitation again, though having said that it's had a go here tonight for a few minutes !!

Actually been dry enough to get something done, for a change.
          Druid its actually your duck thread that got me here, just wandering through the internet and I was taken by it, read the whole thing!

The haulage company has a loading bay / ramp so theres no drama there, he has a dumper and bits on it from Euro auctions in Leeds thats going up to Stornaway once he's tipped here in inverness. I have hooked up my neighbours plant trailer tonight ready for an early off in the morning, can't wait!

Comment

Welcome along to the forum, hope you get your machine tomorrow, if your speaking to lorry driver tell him to check with cal mac about the ferry sailing before he leaves inverness as they are on Amber alert because of the wind,and he probably won't get unloaded here till Monday morning unless he has something arranged

Comment

Originally posted by Drummournie View Post
              Druid its actually your duck thread that got me here, just wandering through the internet and I was taken by it, read the whole thing!

The haulage company has a loading bay / ramp so theres no drama there, he has a dumper and bits on it from Euro auctions in Leeds thats going up to Stornaway once he's tipped here in inverness. I have hooked up my neighbours plant trailer tonight ready for an early off in the morning, can't wait!
              Well I'll be !!

Cheers Boyo !!

HTF did you find that on a net search ?
              Fame at last

Back end of the machine looks tidy any front equipment on it!!?
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

WTF - could've sworn I saw a picture a minute ago ???????

Comment

I did - in the activity stream ......... thought I was losing the plot there for a minute

Comment

Originally posted by alancaddy View Post
                    Welcome along to the forum, hope you get your machine tomorrow, if your speaking to lorry driver tell him to check with cal mac about the ferry sailing before he leaves inverness as they are on Amber alert because of the wind,and he probably won't get unloaded here till Monday morning unless he has something arranged
                    Is he heading over the water after dropping in Sneckie ?
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Welcome to the forum from the down under branch .
                      All sunshine and roses down here ,Except at present it is nighttime .
                      Druid ,Don't let the stardom go to your head

Comment

Its landed

DSCF4647.jpgDSCF4648.jpgDSCF4653.jpgDSCF4651.jpg

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                        Is he heading over the water after dropping in Sneckie ?
                        I think thats the plan (for the trailer anyway) had a load on for calmax or someone else. Drivers a local lad so it must be one of the Lewis lads taking it up, although as you boys say given the wind here today I doubt anything will be sailing.
                        Came with another ditching bucket and 2 digging buckets too.
                        Last edited by Drummournie; 12-09-2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Had a good look over the machine today and no surprises. The chap that owned it certainly owned a grease gun so thats a bonus. No wear in any of the major parts, Digits tracks on her at the moment and has genuine bobcat parts (like the recent hammer lines and the battery).
                          Only downside is that it came without the blade extensions for the dozer blade, I am trying to track some down on the internet but no joy so far.

Also the teeth on both digging buckets were loose so cracked the bolts out an they seem to be an M12? not sure thats correct but like I say I'm no fitter.....!!

Comment

Looks a tidy enough tool that Boyo - is that one with extending tracks, as I see you've not got the blade extensions so assume it get wider?

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                              Looks a tidy enough tool that Boyo - is that one with extending tracks, as I see you've not got the blade extensions so assume it get wider?
                              Yup that's the tracks extended and the blade extensions are on the missing list!

Will have aves a phone around Monday to see if I can locate a set. I am a happy man tonight now she's home!

Comment

Working...
                              X