Stocking up for winter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stocking up for winter!

Got some wind blow from a local estate hence why I bought the looming trailer (see other post) and knowing you guys like pictures! Here is a couple.
    Attached Files

Like the look of that!

Would love over to have that blocked and drying round the back of my sheds!

Comment

Originally posted by Drummournie View Post
      Like the look of that!

i am just down the road from you so we could do a deal!

Comment

I've got a lot of forestry operations around me but none will sell me a artic load. The transport would kill me though from your neck of the woods though Jim. I am working at dailuaine next month though, maybe I could take them home one log at a time....

Comment

I've got a lot of forestry operations around me but none will sell me a artic load. The transport would kill me though from your neck of the woods though Jim. I am working at dailuaine next month though, maybe I could take them home one log at a time....
          I travel to aviemore frequently with wood and have been as far as Newtonmore and Dufftown this year with wood! I cover a large area delivering!

Comment

Like the look of that!

Me too, form an orderly queue .......... behind me - can you palletise it Jim
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              Me too, form an orderly queue .......... behind me - can you palletise it Jim

I could do that you arrange the courier or a heap of sticky labels and I will stick stamps on and post individually!

Comment

In all honesty I did try to find a courier that could deliver bulk bags of logs for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                  I could do that you arrange the courier or a heap of sticky labels and I will stick stamps on and post individually!
                  Posty'd have a bloody fit if it all arrived on one delivery ......... but knowing the post office ........ it'd never get here!!
                  If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

In all honesty I did try to find a courier that could deliver bulk bags of logs for me!
                    Pallet2ship - bloody good service and cheap

http://www.pallet2ship.co.uk/

use 'em a lot 45 quid for a 1200kg 1300 L x 1100 W x 2200mm H pallet, from your end of the country to mine
                    You'd get two bags on at that height

Comment

Got some wind blow from a local estate hence why I bought the looming trailer (see other post) and knowing you guys like pictures! Here is a couple.
                      Whats it like for balance at reach Jim ? are some of those logs too much or did it handle them ok for a 1 tonner ?
                      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                        Whats it like for balance at reach Jim ? are some of those logs too much or did it handle them ok for a 1 tonner ?
                        Handles them ok. Obviously you have to keep some closer in as it struggles but you can always cut a bit off to lighten the log. I am keen to but a rotator grab though as that would make the job easier!

Comment

Handles them ok. Obviously you have to keep some closer in as it struggles but you can always cut a bit off to lighten the log. I am keen to but a rotator grab though as that would make the job easier!
                          Well that would certainly reduce the size of logs you could handle due to the extra weight of the grab ..
                          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            Well that would certainly reduce the size of logs you could handle due to the extra weight of the grab ..
                            That was my fear the grab and rotator would be heavy!

Comment

A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X