Home made attachments!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made attachments!

I have a home made attachment for my digger. See photo. Can you guess what it's for???

it was made for my 1.5 ton JCB for lifting bulk bags of logs onto my truck! Ok it's not as fancy as some of the attachments on here but it does the job and is handy!
    Attached Files

Good idea that is

Comment

It was made so I could use the digger rather than have to put the loader on the tractor been very handy for the bulk bags of logs!

Comment

Do the bag lugs slip off Jim ? ... I wondered about a wee turn up at the rod ends ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

real neat idea.
          I use forks ......... but instead of trying to thread the forks through the straps - which don't like the fork edges a lot, I slip two pipes across the forks and through the loops. Job done
          Can slip out from under 'em and set up above the next bag ready, so's only once out the cab, per bag !!
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
            It was made so I could use the digger rather than have to put the loader on the tractor been very handy for the bulk bags of logs!
            On another note ... do you find the logs dry any? .. if stored in bags ?.. cos ive just started doing this too to cut down on handling
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              On another note ... do you find the logs dry any? .. if stored in bags ?.. cos ive just started doing this too to cut down on handling
              The wood is pretty dry anyway. You might be aswell buying the vented bulk bags they have mesh sides to let the wind through.

Comment

What kind of truck do you have Jim?

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                  What kind of truck do you have Jim?
                  i have a ford transit mk7 tipper!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ahh ok never seen that model over here.

Comment

Looks a bit of a pikey motor jimbo .. you ever dodge about with an old hot water tank and some radiators on the back ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                        Looks a bit of a pikey motor jimbo .. you ever dodge about with an old hot water tank and some radiators on the back ?

Of of course I have!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X