New contractor pro T4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New contractor pro T4

PickEd up new machine on Wednesday, Christ the hydrolics are so much better than the 62 plate machine , not sure about the auto srs though and the electric throttles ,loving the auto jacks ,also fitted with the bigger rear wheels which seem to improve the ride and lessen the rolling side to side . Heated front screen could be handy ,we've just had our first hard frost last night .

Will see how things go in the next few days .
    Dial before you dig

Cool any pics ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Not sure how to upload photos from mobile ?
      Dial before you dig

Comment

Originally posted by seanlogie View Post
        Not sure how to upload photos from mobile ?
        Same way as with a computer but your phone will need to use the 'full' site just did this from an iPhone 6 ... You will need good eye site though . Doh forgot you have to take iPhone pictures sideways
        Attached Files
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

https://scontent.fman1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f2&oe=5698A62B

There's one thing in particular i don't like so far and that's the auto SRS on the front bucket . Auto jacks i'm slowly getting used to ,and i'm trying to keep ma paws away from the hand throttle,buts years of doing it is making it bloody hard

Dial before you dig

Comment

Very nice fella .. I thought SRS was well received ? .. been a while since Ive been involved with it though ... what dont you like about it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Very nice fella .. I thought SRS was well received ? .. been a while since Ive been involved with it though ... what dont you like about it ?

The srs on old machine was spot on ,the auto srs in my view isn't so handy . For one thing you have to moving before it kicks in ,in the auto and manual settings . To be honest there was nothing wrong with the older system.
              Dial before you dig

Comment

Looks the 'Mutt's nuts' Boyo

Two Q.s - what's SRS?
                and
                how do the auto jacks work?
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                  Looks the 'Mutt's nuts' Boyo

Two Q.s - what's SRS?
                  and
                  how do the auto jacks work?
                  Yep .. i dont know what auto jacks are either Sean ?

SRS is a float system for the front bucket. Back in the days of the old 2WD (not sure what yours is ?) a deep set gully or drain lid was what made driving these at full bung a real joy ... that and some worn steering bushes ... and it sure kept the driver busy going from job to job So they intruduced some sort of expansion system to the front lift rams that allowed the bucket to drift up and down instead of being locked, which stopped a lot of nodding when under way, a shock absorber system so to speak, and it made a hec of a difference to road transport work

Comment

auto

Auto jacks ,pull to up jacks and they do on there own , and click out when stowed , Cats have had it for a while
                    SRS is achieved via an accumulator i believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTD7M5pP_5Q

Comment

was just about to say I'd imagine a nitrogen accumulator/spring would provide the necessary for the SRS Muz and Gra's beat me too it!
                      As for auto jacks - what a load o' bollox - was expecting some sort of self leveling system - press button and hey presto up an' level! (NOT)!!
                      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

was just about to say I'd imagine a nitrogen accumulator/spring would provide the necessary for the SRS Muz and Gra's beat me too it!
                        As for auto jacks - what a load o' bollox - was expecting some sort of self leveling system - press button and hey presto up an' level! (NOT)!!
                        Well what do you expect from JCB Gra, its just a gimmick to sell them really, more to go wrong i suspect at end of day all them electronic sensors , smooth ride system is great though on all the loaders, would love it fitted to the duck , think most are after market on ducks, but Neuson do one as an option i gather

Comment

Originally posted by APH2007 View Post
                          Well what do you expect from JCB Gra, its just a gimmick to sell them really, more to go wrong i suspect at end of day all them electronic sensors , smooth ride system is great though on all the loaders, would love it fitted to the duck , think most are after market on ducks, but Neuson do one as an option i gather
                          wouldn't be difficult to install Pete - Tee an accumulator into each boom lift ram, with a solenoid valve to close it off for working - POP - instant gas shock absorbers !!

Comment

Nope auto jacks aren't a load of bollocks as you put it ,very handy in my opinion,my arsh is my level .

Just wish JCB would pay attention to the smaller details ...like when the toolbox lid is opened .what ever's lying on the lid ends up in the toolbox . Front bucket pins ....why the hell don't they devise someway to keep the shite out of the pins when the inevitable overfilling of the front bucket happens and it lands right on the pin !!! ,i'm actually toying with the idea of fitting big "O" rings to see if it'll work . Probably wont but worth a try ..... .Decent mirrors ,a fisheye would be handy . On my last machine i was on the hunt for the coffee machine ,have since learnt that it's a total gimmick ,takes 10min to boil and machine has to be stationary ,sometime i don't even get 10min .
                            Dial before you dig

Comment

Well new machine has been earning her keep , been pulling deep sewer lines this week (3.5mtr dig +tails) . Grounds conditions are very hard ,mixed blue clay and rotten rock ,Jacob seems to be handling it ok .
                              Attached Files
                              Dial before you dig

Comment

Working...
                              X