New contractor pro T4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
    only two days digging!!!!!!! I got buckets here with teeth older than Methusula and they're pretty fair - bet they've done a bit more than two days diggin' in their lives!!
    how much you want to bet ? ... 18" bucket that came with the machine ,hard blue clay with rotten rock thrown in for good measure is a killer on teeth ,and as i've said JCB's teeth aren't what they used to be by any means .
    Dial before you dig

Comment

Originally posted by seanlogie View Post
      how much you want to bet ? ... 18" bucket that came with the machine ,hard blue clay with rotten rock thrown in for good measure is a killer on teeth ,and as i've said JCB's teeth aren't what they used to be by any means .
      Theres no way bolt ons will last like pegs'n tips, and then.... you can choose your make of tip .. but that does sound a very short space of time to wear out a tooth. Then ofcourse theres the definition of 'worn' ? some wont go an inch .. others will ? preservation of cutting edge is important too. My Kubota 8 tonners seldom get past 2/3rds wear before they snap them .... Most annoying for me though is keeping them tight on the buckets .. bolt ons always slacken no matter what I try
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Anyone one on here have a JCB contractor pro T4i with the auto SRS . Mine's been giving me issues ,like not working all the time . Why did JCB bugger about with this ,they should've left well alone .
        Dial before you dig

Comment

manual

mine started flashing the light on the button and would not work until i re started it , i tend to use it in manual mode

Comment

I tend to keep it in manual all the time ,just wished they'd left well alone . Sometimes if i flick the switch through all 3 modes it'll work ,sometimes not . Oh well... looks like i'll be calling Scotts in the morning .
            Dial before you dig

Comment

fixed

I tend to keep it in manual all the time ,just wished they'd left well alone . Sometimes if i flick the switch through all 3 modes it'll work ,sometimes not . Oh well... looks like i'll be calling Scotts in the morning .
              yes there was nothing wrong with the on / off switch

Comment

I noticed last week when SRS was in one of it's moods and not working ,the little light on the switch was flashing really fast so i stopped, turned off machine, started it ,SRS has been fine ever since ... Scots fitter was out today and i told him about this ,he just said "mmmm strange whish i knew what that was about " . So are JCB not training up there fitters to keep up with the times .

Bit lazy of them if that's the case .
                Dial before you dig

Comment

More woes

Mine has just been in due to the torquelock not working , light was on but no go faster
                  So i pick it up from a deserted dealers (reception girl only )on Saturday , start machine 5 seconds or so and brake warning light comes on along with stop light ,switch off and re start and the same happens , hold brake pedal down and it stopped , it did this once more on Sat ,once on Sunday when i dieseled up ,then did it this morning , phone dealer to be told yeah its meant to do that , Err no it did not do it before it came in . but we did not touch the brakes they say , i don't care and did not say you had , it did not do it before and as it only has 80 hrs on it and it involves the brakes you best come and look , so i will see in the morning , Engine noise is still there intermittently and if its doing it when you are roading it squeals , been 4 weeks since they first investigated it and not heard a thing back about it , absolutely appalling service

Thank i do not own it

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
                    Mine has just been in due to the torquelock not working , light was on but no go faster
                    So i pick it up from a deserted dealers (reception girl only )on Saturday , start machine 5 seconds or so and brake warning light comes on along with stop light ,switch off and re start and the same happens , hold brake pedal down and it stopped , it did this once more on Sat ,once on Sunday when i dieseled up ,then did it this morning , phone dealer to be told yeah its meant to do that , Err no it did not do it before it came in . but we did not touch the brakes they say , i don't care and did not say you had , it did not do it before and as it only has 80 hrs on it and it involves the brakes you best come and look , so i will see in the morning , Engine noise is still there intermittently and if its doing it when you are roading it squeals , been 4 weeks since they first investigated it and not heard a thing back about it , absolutely appalling service

Thank i do not own it
                    Have to admit with the 62 plate jacob the after sales was shocking ,and i also had to convince them there was a problem . Like whet the check valves were pissing oil i'd get "are you sure it's leaking and is it hydro oil we were lust out at it 2wks ago ,it can't be leaking ...." that sort of crap.

But with the new machine they seem much better apart from their lack of knowledge of all the upgrades and the like ,even the salesman was pretty clueless about them .
                    Dial before you dig

Comment

Have to admit with the 62 plate jacob the after sales was shocking ,and i also had to convince them there was a problem . Like whet the check valves were pissing oil i'd get "are you sure it's leaking and is it hydro oil we were lust out at it 2wks ago ,it can't be leaking ...." that sort of crap.

But with the new machine they seem much better apart from their lack of knowledge of all the upgrades and the like ,even the salesman was pretty clueless about them .

Forum power????? They've taken a kicking in just about every one you read and deservedly so, by the seems of it
                      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
                      X