Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this Landscape Rake geometry wrong ????

Apprentice joiner
    Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    Is that a half hitch or a full manual Boyo? Put it down to a 'senior moment' ...............if you're old enough to qualify
    Definitely old enough to qualify :)

How does a half hitch differ from a full manual ?

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMawson View Post
    Definitely old enough to qualify :)

How does a half hitch differ from a full manual ?
    hook at back/usual place - pin at t'other end

Handy and cheap
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    also a cheap way of using / picking up mis-matched buckets
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

also a cheap way of using / picking up mis-matched buckets
    The king for that is hydraulic though(which you will know V8) with its infinate (within reason) radius
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help lots of others, which is why we exist

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    The king for that is hydraulic though(which you will know V8) with its infinate (within reason) radius
    Provided you can get it in the width Muz - big into small won't have it or you won't pick up 50mm pins in a 45mm hitch

Provided you can get it in the width Muz - big into small won't have it or you won't pick up 50mm pins in a 45mm hitch
    Obvs ... but a 50mm hitch will take 45 ..40 .. etc.. the back slot on my miller ones is about 90 front to back which allows a huge variety of centres to be picked up
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help lots of others, which is why we exist

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Obvs ... but a 50mm hitch will take 45 ..40 .. etc.. the back slot on my miller ones is about 90 front to back which allows a huge variety of centres to be picked up
    Druid being obtuse ........ an' winding you up Muz
    Biggest issue with the bigger hitch is the width of the damned things IMHDO.
    My 70mm Miller is 280 wide and although, in theory, one could pick up 60s, or 65s, with it, most set ups on those pin sizes ain't wide enough; usually 250-260/70mm wide.
    'Tis a pity, as it'd make for huge flexibility, as you say.

Getting back to the 1/2 hitch ..... it's a vast improvement on a simple pin on set up.
    At least it's hung on the dipper, when you get out to pin the other end, although TBH, I never had any prob.s swapping buckets on ol' Jakie, with just the two pins. Only meant a couple of cab exits, instead of the one, with a half hitch

Although not as convenient as a full manual, I'd say it makes for a tighter set up and you can reverse yer buckets

The manual I put on to Jake is as sloppy as **** and I'd swap it for a half hitch in a heart beat