Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Landscape Rake geometry wrong ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Landscape Rake geometry wrong ????

I've at long last taken delivery of some buckets today (56 days - quoted 'about a week' argh !!!! ) - I found a thread (on 'the other' forum I think) about this chap in Bristol who never met his delivery promises but did eventually delivery, but only after I'd ordered

One was a landscape rake which I've fitted, but the geometry seems very odd - it looks to me as though the attachment plates have been welded on at about 80 degrees to where they should be. The result is that you cannot crowd sufficiently to pick anything up, and it opens (what's the opposite of crowd??) far more than is necessary. Spin the mounting plates 80 degrees and it'd be fine.

Is it just me, or is it wrong ????
    Attached Files

The quickhitch looks like it's on back to front, or is that just my dodgy eyes

Comment

Originally posted by 1 RB View Post
      The quickhitch looks like it's on back to front, or is that just my dodgy eyes
      You're not often wrong, but your right again

Oh my Gawd, how did I miss that

Comment

hitch

yep hitch is on backwards

Comment

Your slinging point as undernoted always goes to the back

attachment.jpg

So you've a rake and a clay spade .. anything else ? .. Quality looks nice enough
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I'm a plonker :)

Yes Muz, clay spade as I've a few land drains to put in my field in the spring. As you say quality is pretty good. It's just the total lack of urgency and false promises that irritated me, but the actual kit looks pretty good so far, seems the problem is with the operator (me !!)

Reversed the quickhitch this morning, and guess what, full articulation and no problems scooping up and tipping debris. Obviously too much enthusiasm and excitement at actually getting the stuff without having to drag him through the courts :)

Couple of pictures to illustrate the full swing that it now has
            Attached Files

Comment

think you forgot to order the tin of yellow paint for the digger .. whats the wee Ford on the left in the back ground ?
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                think you forgot to order the tin of yellow paint for the digger .. whats the wee Ford on the left in the back ground ?
                Some day I'll have to have that dipper arm off, to bore out for new insert bushes as they're distinctly oval - when I do that I'll grit blast it and give it a proper re-paint - but just splashing a bit of paint onto an 18 year old machine makes them look even more manky close up imho.

The Ford is a 4000 (post force) which mainly I use for flailing the field. My 4600, which has a cab, permanently has a hedge flail on it as it's a pain to fit and remove single handed.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                  just splashing a bit of paint onto an 18 year old machine makes them look even more manky close up imho.
                  I know what you mean .. I find I can get the coverage ok actually with a little bit of prep .. the real problem comes when you need to steam clean it and with a poor 'key' the new stuff is real easy to blast off ... and that does look poor

Comment

Is that a half hitch or a full manual Boyo? Put it down to a 'senior moment' ...............if you're old enough to qualify
                    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                      Is that a half hitch or a full manual Boyo? Put it down to a 'senior moment' ...............if you're old enough to qualify
                      Definitely old enough to qualify :)

How does a half hitch differ from a full manual ?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                        Definitely old enough to qualify :)

How does a half hitch differ from a full manual ?
                        hook at back/usual place - pin at t'other end

Handy and cheap
                        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

also a cheap way of using / picking up mis-matched buckets

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                            also a cheap way of using / picking up mis-matched buckets
                            The king for that is hydraulic though(which you will know V8) with its infinate (within reason) radius

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                              The king for that is hydraulic though(which you will know V8) with its infinate (within reason) radius
                              Provided you can get it in the width Muz - big into small won't have it or you won't pick up 50mm pins in a 45mm hitch

Comment

Working...
                              X