Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Landscape Rake geometry wrong ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
    Provided you can get it in the width Muz - big into small won't have it or you won't pick up 50mm pins in a 45mm hitch
    Obvs ... but a 50mm hitch will take 45 ..40 .. etc.. the back slot on my miller ones is about 90 front to back which allows a huge variety of centres to be picked up
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Obvs ... but a 50mm hitch will take 45 ..40 .. etc.. the back slot on my miller ones is about 90 front to back which allows a huge variety of centres to be picked up
      Druid being obtuse ........ an' winding you up Muz
      Biggest issue with the bigger hitch is the width of the damned things IMHDO.
      My 70mm Miller is 280 wide and although, in theory, one could pick up 60s, or 65s, with it, most set ups on those pin sizes ain't wide enough; usually 250-260/70mm wide.
      'Tis a pity, as it'd make for huge flexibility, as you say.

Getting back to the 1/2 hitch ..... it's a vast improvement on a simple pin on set up.
      At least it's hung on the dipper, when you get out to pin the other end, although TBH, I never had any prob.s swapping buckets on ol' Jakie, with just the two pins. Only meant a couple of cab exits, instead of the one, with a half hitch

Although not as convenient as a full manual, I'd say it makes for a tighter set up and you can reverse yer buckets

The manual I put on to Jake is as sloppy as **** and I'd swap it for a half hitch in a heart beat
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
      X