Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msikkila View Post
    Thanks for your comments.

This guy, Gould, want's money in advance by bank transfer. I get the pump+photo afterwards..
    Is this the usual way to make a deal and payments?
    If he is not even prepared to send you comprehensive photographs of the pump ....... without full payment!!!! ...... walk away ...... there is obviously a problem and/or he's a con man!!
    This is definitely not the way a bona-fide deal would be conducted! and to be honest without having it checked over by some one local, that can be trusted, I wouldn't even consider sending the bloke a bag of crisps!!!!

There must be others out there somewhere!
    I can't remember - have you put up all the details and a few pix of your dead one?
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

You are taking a high risk. Theres no certification that the pump will be as they say. There will be no guarantee of its performance, without a third party to vouch for the supplier you are taking a shot in the dark. Pictures will be useless because it tells you nothing about the internals, and you are a long way away from the supplier if it all goes wrong. In your defence you have this thread to pour all the scorn you want on the supplier if it goes wrong which will remain here to warn others, but thats no comfort to losing some cash if it all goes tits up. My better nature hopes that not every one is a con man ... but my life experience says your on a 50/50 stake

How much is he asking for it ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        You are taking a high risk. Theres no certification that the pump will be as they say. There will be no guarantee of its performance, without a third party to vouch for the supplier you are taking a shot in the dark. Pictures will be useless because it tells you nothing about the internals, and you are a long way away from the supplier if it all goes wrong. In your defence you have this thread to pour all the scorn you want on the supplier if it goes wrong which will remain here to warn others, but thats no comfort to losing some cash if it all goes tits up. My better nature hopes that not every one is a con man ... but my life experience says your on a 50/50 stake

How much is he asking for it ?
        without the willingness to freely send images without payment first Muz, I'd give the odds at more like 90/10 - I'd walk away ....... or make the journey, if I REALLY couldn't find another!!

I know that as you say it's the internals that are the critical factor, but if it looks like it's had a hammering on the outside .....
        it could also look mint? My guess'd be the former or he'd be sending pix!!

As you say too ........... how much are we talking of risking here???

There was a guy on Ebay last year advertising an appraisal service for kit/machines - might be worth a punt if he were local-ish to it?
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          There was a guy on Ebay last year advertising an appraisal service for kit/machines - might be worth a punt if he were local-ish to it?
          Thats what the op needs ... I dont mean to be a sceptic ... but money is hard enough to make in this game .. so I'm not one for giving it up easily
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thats what the op needs ... I dont mean to be a sceptic ... but money is hard enough to make in this game .. so I'm not one for giving it up easily

Too right mate!! Haven't seen him on ebay in a while though???

I do have a mate in the plant game, who's just moved back to this area from Grays, in Essex - he might be able to point me in the direction of someone reliable in the Dartford area, who might eyeball it for the OP? He'd have loads of contacts after 20 years in that area!!

Comment

saw you logged in after these comments msikkila what ya gonna do ?

Comment

saw you logged in after these comments msikkila what ya gonna do ?

I need to think about this pump thing a bit later. Haven't got much time right now to make deals abroad.

Just heard that there is one pump in Estonia also. Unit is rebuilt, and with one year guarantee.(place called Remexim)
                500 pounds more expensive than the one that Hy-Mac has.

Comment

Rock and a hard place that!!
                  I'd be kicking back, if I didn't have the time to devote to it and see what surfaces

Comment

-Edited this message-
                    I earlier posted that this Hymac Parts and Service guy Richard Gould cheated money from me.

I don't know yet that is this true,
                    BECAUSE I finally got email from him. It took more than a week from him to answer and the only message he sent was that "Hi Markus pump will be with me Monday Tuesday latest"

We agreed earlier that he will send me the pump in two to three days. Now it's been more than a week.
                    I'm really getting nearvous. Is he a con, or is he just doing bad business?

Doesn't anyone know him?
                    -Markus
                    Last edited by msikkila; 06-11-2015, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I have no idea mate .. do you mean it was supposed to be with you on Monday/Tuesday 2nd 3rd November ?

Comment

I have no idea mate .. do you mean it was supposed to be with you on Monday/Tuesday 2nd 3rd November ?
                        Sorry for confusing text.
                        He should have sent the pump to me on this wednesday.
                        He said this in email on monday.

After monday no emails and no calls.
                        I couldn't get anyone on the line. Some of Hymacs phonenumbers are not working, like they wouldn't exist anymore.
                        In the email I just got, Gould said that he would get the pump in his posession on next monday/tuesday 9th/10th.

Comment

Sorry for confusing text.
                          He should have sent the pump to me on this wednesday.
                          He said this in email on monday.

After monday no emails and no calls.
                          I couldn't get anyone on the line. Some of Hymacs phonenumbers are not working, like they wouldn't exist anymore.
                          In the email I just got, Gould said that he would get the pump in his posession on next monday/tuesday 9th/10th.
                          His or yours ? you mean he's sending it to you next monday 9th ?

I'm confused .. either way if he has to get it from somewhere to supply it to you, that could add extra time .. hope it all works out ok

Comment

His or yours ? you mean he's sending it to you next monday 9th ?
                            Yes, he's sending it to me next monday/tuesday.. or at least he is saying so..

Comment

Yes, he's sending it to me next monday/tuesday.. or at least he is saying so..
                              So what are you panicking for ? you'll have to give him a chance ?

Comment

So what are you panicking for ? you'll have to give him a chance ?
                                Damn, I edited my earlier post and now messages after that are hard to understand.
                                Do I even understand what I'm writing, who knows

1.Paid the whole thing last weekend (in advance, yes it's stupid I geti it..)
                                2. He got my money on monday and our deal was that imediately when he sees my money on Hymacs account, pump starts to move
                                3. He didn't have the pump in stock, needed two days so that the "old contact" could deliver it to him
                                4. He had two days(actually this whole week) to get the pump and send it onwards to me
                                5. Sent me email a moment ago and said he would have the pump 9th or 10th next week (few days late already)
                                6. Didn't answer any of my calls or emails this week. No working number?...

After that I kinda paniced, and tried to ask you guys if you would know him.

Comment

Working...
                                X