Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitachi ex60-3 will not start...

Hi,
    Went to use my Hitachi ex60-3 yesterday and its decided not to start, any help appreciated!

When I turned the key yesterday everything was normal, all lights came on but it did not turn over on the last stage of the key. It has done this before but when you tried it a second time it would start fine. But now on the second attempt, and everytime since, you get nothing at all. No lights come on, just a small blip from the heater plug light and the oil pressure and battery lights in the final key stage when it does not start.

The key is very loose in the key switch, although it always has been, could this be anything to do with it?
    All fuses are fine and both batteries are fully charged.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks.

Have you checked all the connections are clean and good to/from both batteries, seem to remember there being a big fuse box in there too with 2 big fuses that gave trouble sometimes . Basically its a case of tracing all the main lines to ensure good contacts and earths. Also check the starter motor feed
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Have you checked all the connections are clean and good to/from both batteries, seem to remember there being a big fuse box in there too with 2 big fuses that gave trouble sometimes . Basically its a case of tracing all the main lines to ensure good contacts and earths. Also check the starter motor feed
      Hi, thanks for the reply. I was seeing in the manual that there is a battery relay and two fusible links yes. Any idea the procedure for testing the battery relay?

Should the digger be able to start just via the battery/ignition switch/starter motor? Or do the ecu's play a part in the starting of the engine?

Many thanks.

Comment

Am I right in thinking that with the key off there would be no power on the small connection on the battery relay, from the ignition, and power on the connection into it but not out. And with the key in the second last position (before the sprung section to start) there should be power on the small wire and power into and out of the relay?

Comment

Cant remember how they were wired , think I bypassed mine on my dash 5 .. dont think there is an ECU as such in your model ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Dury1990 View Post
            Am I right in thinking that with the key off there would be no power on the small connection on the battery relay, from the ignition, and power on the connection into it but not out. And with the key in the second last position (before the sprung section to start) there should be power on the small wire and power into and out of the relay?
            Hi Dury did you ever get the problem fixed. I now have exactly the same on my ex60-3.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmac View Post
              Hi Dury did you ever get the problem fixed. I now have exactly the same on my ex60-3.
              He hasnt logged on since the above post last year ... which ususally means he fixed it ... have you been through the steps above I take it ? All good earths and starter feed ?

Comment

Hi Muz, checked out the wiring today and found bad connections on the safety circuit solenoid, tightened and started ok. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmac View Post
                  Hi Muz, checked out the wiring today and found bad connections on the safety circuit solenoid, tightened and started ok. Thanks for the info.
                  Ok good stuff fella thanks for reporting back

Comment

Working...
                  X