What to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do...

Well, Seemingly my machine won't be in existance soon. Works are Investing in a new Bale shredder which means what I do is now slurplus to requirements (I'm not hugely surprised. the machine wear is costly and the amount of operators who can do it safely are apparently few and far between.

So come mid april the Shredder comes. No ones said anything about my job dissapearing but It's likely my machine will drop in size down to another teletruk. a machine I'm not really prepared or happy to operate day in day out.

Nothings Definate aside from the shredder coming, but i'm kinda going on the decision to take any other work that comes up (the gutting thing being I've turned down 8 weeks dumper work on a site where I could probably end up on 360's)

Just wondering what you lad's think. Should I Continue on with this firm until longer term work comes or just jump on site?
    http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

sorry to hear that mate .. I rekon the construction industry has turned the corner though... last winter wasnt as hard as the one before it for us .. and I hear others saying the same .. so look on the bright side .. It may not happen fast .. but more jobs should become available as time goes by

Comment

We can but hope, I've got one firm to ring up first tommorow followed by several firms that I've never asked before to ring. With anyluck I can get something preferably a nice way away from devon. The Few mates I have are now off to uni and I'm sick of living at home. Hopefully find a nice site with on site hut's or somewhere with cheap rent, Who Knows If I continue driving JCB's I could just live in the cab as the seats fold into a reasonably comfortable bed and theres room for a minifridge :P

It's annoying but it just results in the same thing as I was planning to do in july anyway. I'm just pushed to it abit quicker.

Comment

Jd there is nothing set in stone and a job where you might get some 360 experience, well might is the optimum word isn't it..........the whole far away fields and all that....
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Might is the word with seemingly everything. Been In for a Interview/paperwork session with a Agency today. figured as A plan B it was'nt a bad Idea. Anyway hopefully somethings being set out for me to do 2 days a week - full time with a fairly major plant firm in plymouth. However I've told them I need a minimum of 2 days guarrenteed pay a week... we'll see.

Comment

Hey Rory I've been operating excavators for eleven years and now that our flood cleanup project in Elie is done I might get a layoff my useless bosses keep talking about "maybe's" and "might's" for other work and despite having worked in that miserable gumbo for two months and cleaning up the mess they made. They give they're out of work friends and buddies who can't operate all the work.

Comment

Don't you just love "jobs for the boys "

Talked to a lady today from up your neck of the woods Bert . Well Alaska , which is close enough to you. Sounded like she was enjoying the change of climate .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                Sounded like she was enjoying the change of climate .
                as from Oz ? .. that would be a bit radicle ?

Comment

Hi Dan ,Well the lady is a dog lover and owner ,with a firm belief that dogs should be walked .In Alaska by the time she had bundled her dog up enough to keep him warm ,he could hardly move .She and her dog are loving it here so far .

Comment

I hope it went through quarantine cos we don't want any of that rabies junk ...........

Comment

Yes wazza , It was all above board and legal .

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                        I hope it went through quarantine cos we don't want any of that rabies junk ...........
                        Ha Ha Now the real question is did you go through quarantine to get here...............

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                          Ha Ha Now the real question is did you go through quarantine to get here...............
                          So which here are you talking about ? Here in forumworld ,here as to here in OZ or here as in your local ?

The answer is yes it did go though quarantine .He apparently spent a month in solitatry confinement before being released to his owner .

Comment

From our last house to this one........................you know the home of superdupa

Comment

I am sure muz checked our credentials out before leting us loose .

Comment

Working...
                              X