Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifton ls 1200f dumper

Hi all
    I have a lifton LS 1200 high tip dumper 2003 model. It's been reliable up until recently when it started to lose power
    So I serviced it and no better off.
    The tip action and steering are fine and will perform well when the skip is empty.
    As soon as I put a load in it it struggles to drive about except on flat ground.
    Any ideas??
    Thanks

greetings and welcome Johnny - that's hydrostatic isn't it?
    How is your oil level?
    All oil filters/pick ups clean and clear?
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

hi
      sorry for the delay- all filters are good and oil level seems fine, ive been using it today and on an approx 30 deg slope its struggling with less than half a load of light material in it-any ideas?

Comment

Fuel restriction of some kind ? shit in tank etc ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

hi
          fuel and hyd oil all fine. could it be a pressure problem on the pump or some kind of issue with a relief valve?

Comment

Simple stuff first .. so you've changed the filters, but.. have you got a good flow of fuel to the engine? pull the pipe off and have a look, it should be jumping out of the pipe as that machine has an electric lift pump IIRC .. and while you're at it .. locate the pump and make sure its running .. word of caution though .. they can run but have no pump output .. but you will see that when you take the hose off at the engine... if its gubbed
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

LIFTON 1.2 Ton HI-TIP DUMPER / SKIP LOADER

hi muz
              the engine runs fine and the steering, lift and tip hydraulic parts of the dumper are all good- i think this machine runs on 2 pumps one for the above and one for the drive

thanks
              john

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyone View Post
                hi muz
                the engine runs fine and the steering, lift and tip hydraulic parts of the dumper are all good- i think this machine runs on 2 pumps one for the above and one for the drive

thanks
                john
                So the engine does not labour at all when loaded ? Your original post said everything was fine until load applied ? .. so the engine appears unaffected ? just that it will not perform when weight is in the skip ?

Comment

hi
                  it labours abit when driven loaded, but when stationary theres bags of power to tip/raise a full load easily

Comment

There is a lot of demand on the engine when driven loaded, have you pulled the fuel pipe off at the engine yet ? to establish a good flow ? and I also suggested locating the fuel pump earlier, to establish its running ok ?, you should feel it ticking away see post #6

Comment

Working...
                    X