Young operator looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young operator looking for advice

Hello,I am 16 years old and had a interest in plant from a very young age,I have had about 200 hours of seat time from a micro to a 8 tonner,I have been thinking of getting in to the plant game with a mini for hire with a driver or without on my spare time,but I am puzzled of what size that would get the most work?its between a 1.5 tonner or a 3tonner?what makes and condition of machine that would suit me?i do love a Takeuchi!any advise would be much appreciated,cheers

My own opinion would be hold onto your money and try gain more experience on a wider range of jobs and machine weights. Don't take this the wrong way but with 200hrs of seat time you haven't seen anything yet. This is a tough business make sure you go in with both eyes open.

Comment

Originally posted by Drosin View Post
      Hello,I am 16 years old and had a interest in plant from a very young age,I have had about 200 hours of seat time from a micro to a 8 tonner,I have been thinking of getting in to the plant game with a mini for hire with a driver or without on my spare time,but I am puzzled of what size that would get the most work?its between a 1.5 tonner or a 3tonner?what makes and condition of machine that would suit me?i do love a Takeuchi!any advise would be much appreciated,cheers

Fare play for wanting to get started . You say for hire with a driver ,i take it that won't be you or am i wrong . Takeuchi are a great machine ,in my opinion you would get more work for a 3t machine .As James has said 200hrs is not a lot of seat time in this business. My advice would be to try and get a start with a company with the chance to operate different bits of plant gaining experience along the way ,then think about getting your own machine and knowing what you're getting into . Just my opinion .
      Dial before you dig

Comment

Working...
      X