Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From A Newbie

Hello to one and all and Happy New Year

I have just bought my first mini digger a Kubota KX018-4 and it seems a really well made machine, it is to replace my kubota b2710 tractor that was fitted with a backhoe but stolen in early November.

I have to admit to be struggling with the change from backhoe and wheels to mini digger and tracks, so far all I've managed to do is make a mess while practising trying to grade some gravel, thats the trouble being untrained and self taught !

I will soldier on and hopefully before i destroy everything I previously did with my old backhoe I will get the hang of my new machine.

It came fitted with a whites manual quick hitch but it doesn't seem any quicker than it was when I had to remove just two pins from my old backhoe, so unless it gets easier I may decide to remove it.

Michael

Hi & welcome they are nice diggers if a little under weight on the counterbalance.
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Welcome to the forum .
      I don't think i have seen a white hitch out here,What makes it so slow to use ?

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
        Welcome to the forum .
        I don't think i have seen a white hitch out here,What makes it so slow to use ?
        To remove a bucket you have to.

correctly position bucket

remove gudgeon pin

remove safety lock pin

then adjust position to put release bar in

then lower arm to curl hitch out of bucket

all the above takes longer than just lowering the bucket and removing the two pins

Michael

Comment

Michael, Sounds stupidly comlicated , But i guess it leaves you with realitively grease free hands .
          Last Manual hitch I had was on a 1995 JCB 4CX. Remove spring clip from safety pin and pull safety pin out have bucket positioned so pull the bar and bucket releases from the spring loaded lock .. put bar back in tool box ,drop the bucket, on with the new one .Give the bucket a flick and the bucket locks in, and good to go .
          Trust me , I remember changing Case 580E bucket pins .Circlip pliers ,Hammer and drift Rags ,and grease all over . .Was real happy to see the spring hitch .

Comment

Welcome to the site, When I am asked to help train an operator for a mini digger I give them a deflated football and ask then to pick it up in the bucket.
            Amazing how quick they come to grips with the controls................................

Grading stone is not a task to start with...........................
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
            X