Wee Jimm Flooded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wee Jimm Flooded

Seen of Facebook Jim is a victim of the flooding.
    Photos and video , i saw things didn't look good .
    I am too far away to be of help ,but your in my thoughts mate .

Photo from his page .
    1935865_1100070733345465_4409659978478908595_n.jpg

Comment

I was just chatting with Jim via Face book . He has no internet , Borrowed a bit of a friends Wifi .

The photo of the JCB , it is actually sitting on the trailer and he said the water got half way up the cab window .
      He has got the Transit out to higher ground. I would say the speed that the water rose caught the whole town by sirprise .

Comment

During ,and After . The Druid is posting Photos to i think , Hopefully we don't double up .

10390193_1100418996643972_8394415804236350094_n.jpg1914814_1101085186577353_759157192840816003_n.jpg1550_1101085126577359_3546341057500326549_n.jpg

Comment

just been chatting with Wee Jim and Ian on FB - sounds like he's had a hell of a rough couple of days.!!

Jim's asked me to put a few of his pix up from his FB page, as his internet is sporadic, to say the least !

I really do not envy him the task of the clear up, but on the positive side at least his home is dry, he tells me

" Flooding at the yard today lost for words. "

Jim's yard

" This was after it went down was 1.5 meter deep in the highest point of the yard. "

later Thursday .......

" The devastation in my yard after the flood. "

pretty soul destroying I think we'd all agree!!

this is a video I shared with Ian a few days ago of wee Jims home town -

https://www.facebook.com/stvnews/vid...3755698163670/

With more rain forecast for the weekend I do not envy anyone having to deal with all of that!
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Sorry to see how things developed after Frank, Jim, just had 3more days of constant rain here I hope it gives you a wide berth.
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Jim Asked me to put this photo up .Can just make out the wee Digger .

^CAF791B4E74BD84C2B8FB2A0F98A5A049B979F323DA30F00FF^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                Jim Asked me to put this photo up .Can just make out the wee Digger .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2999[/ATTACH]
                Jeezus Jim this isn't another lot is it?
                As Stock has said ...... it ain't stopped pee-ing down here in days either ..... it is unbelievable the amount of rain we're getting ATM.

Cameron's £40 mil's like pissing in an olympic swimming pool trying to fill it ........ FFS stop sending God knows how many billions abroad every bloody day and start spending it here ....... "charity begins at home", as the old saying goes !!

Close the leak in the money bag and start taking it out the top for us here ...... you don't see any rushing to our aid do you?!!
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/13/flooding-public-spending-britain-europe-policies-homes?CMP=share_btn_link

Have a read of this.......................
                  A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Bad Craic Jim ... I hope you get back to some sort of normality as soon as you can fella
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hoping for the best for you Jim, I know how frustrating flooding is.

Comment

I AM BACK!!!!!! Been Ealing with insurance and they have been amazing so far! Just need to price replacement tools so that's taking some time! Also trying to pick up work which ain't easy the now! Will post some more soon! Cheers guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                          I AM BACK!!!!!! Been Ealing with insurance and they have been amazing so far! Just need to price replacement tools so that's taking some time! Also trying to pick up work which ain't easy the now! Will post some more soon! Cheers guys!
                          WB Jim .. Did the wee digger survive the douking ?
                          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            WB Jim .. Did the wee digger survive the douking ?
                            Come on now Muz, it's a JCB them things can survive nuclear blasts!

Yeah a hit is luckily ok! Only thing I had to do eat drain the water out of the heater! It was the longest day of my life after watching my firewood float away I thought if e digger was gone too I was ruined!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                              Come on now Muz, it's a JCB them things can survive nuclear blasts!

Yeah a hit is luckily ok! Only thing I had to do eat drain the water out of the heater! It was the longest day of my life after watching my firewood float away I thought if e digger was gone too I was ruined!
                              Why did you do that ? ... If it was a JCB .. the heater would be f**ked anyways ? well it will be now ... Glad you are getting over it man ... you shouldnt have to go far to get fresh firewood .. just collect eh auld MFI at e'biddies chuckin' oot min ?

Comment

Working...
                              X