Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What software is recommended to run a plant hire business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What software is recommended to run a plant hire business?

I am starting up a plant hire business with around 10 new machines to start with then hoping to grow from there.

What software systems are people using to run plant hire businesses and would you recommend them. Please let me know good points and pitfalls. We already have Sage for accounting so it must integrate.

I'd like to do things properly from the beginning to aid future business development. It seems silly to start with one system then have to learn a new one later and transfer everything over.

Any advice appreciated!

I use an old version of InspHire, which bolts on to sage .. because my company used be of a reasonable size with 80 or so big assets, but now its smaller a decent database will work just as well, Insphire will charge you the earth because their stuff is bespoke. I dont have any experience of any other stuff
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hey there,

I can't say that I know of many software companies that are specifically orientated towards plant hire although I'm sure there are many. I know that the company 2rent was looking into software systems so it may be that you give them a call to see what they're considering?

Part of our system focuses on vehicle / plant management although this is only a small portion of it. I'd be interested to learn more to see if I can help. I'll try to be unbiased as I do have a lot of software experience.

Drop me a message in my profile?

Speak soon.

Thanks

Adam

Comment

Working...
      X