Hauling Someone Else's Junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauling Someone Else's Junk

I saw that this section has never received a post, so I thought "Let's flesh this out a bit."

A few years ago, I attended one of the "Spring Flings" that the fellows at the ACME forum put together annually. At the time, this 14K trailer belonged to my friend Mike (I later bought it from him). He had just purchased a new 20K trailer and was hauling his D4-7U on it whilst I used the other trailer to transport my Caterpillar PV-15 to the event. the "other people's junk" part of the picture is Mike's "Jed Shed" he insisted on bringing along for his sleeping arrangement (I stayed in an honest-to-God hotel). I coined the term "Jed Shed" after explaining to Mike that his mobile sleeping arrangemment reminded me of something from "The Beverly Hillbillies." It seemed like something Uncle Jed would have been proud of. Enjoy the pic.
    Attached Files

Well Bruce , It looks much more comfortable than the swag i slept in under the trailer at the last event I went to..

Comment

What is it ? .. Is it a 5th wheel trailer or something and a van box bolted onto the fron half or something ?

Comment

The trailer is a 14K drop-deck gooseneck. If you look past the goon, you can see it loaded with my D2 and LaPlant Choate C-20 scraper. The "Jed-Shed" is a slide in type camper that has seen better days.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
          The "Jed-Shed" is a slide in type camper that has seen better days.
          I'll say .... mind you I'm a caravanner and I fear not well liked by the rest of society
          What you looking at ? ..

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
            I'll say .... mind you I'm a caravanner and I fear not well liked by the rest of society
            No ye arent .... Jeremy Clarkson has the right idea .... dynamite with a fast fuse

Comment

LOL .. get a camper van Grumpy .. they give out more heat when on fire
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Lol! ha ha ha! It does look kinda silly but it still beats setting up a tent in the dark when it's windy and cold. One of the next things I wanna find is a Boler type camper I've had enough with tenting and camping in the dirt or in some cases mud. Hey Bruce you've gotta post some more photos of your Cats and that scraper and if possible a few videos I love seeing those old machines going.

Comment

Bert, my machines are still scattered to the winds. In the olden days, I had machines squirrelled away at 4 different sites (some good friends). I still need to go out to 2 of those locales and reunite them with their bretheren. I plan on using the scraper on the acreage if I ever get around to collecting it.

Comment

Well it would be great to see your scraper at work, it should make landscaping pretty interesting. :-)

Comment

Sounds like you need to do a bit of hauling Bruce . I suppose though ,the house has got priority over a shed to keep the cats under cover .

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                        LOL .. get a camper van Grumpy .. they give out more heat when on fire
                        Ha! .. thats what wrong with you young 'uns .. you all want it here , now, today .. yesterday, .. ... see when you get older you begin to appreciate how fast life passes you by and the realisation that taking things more slowly is the answer I dont know how you put up with mobile phones for instance ? .. now thats where dynamite would be handy
                        What you looking at ? ..

Comment

You tell them Grumpy, Dammed young whippersnappers .

Comment

Working...
                          X