Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telehandler fluids

Hi all

Looking for some recommendations of products for topping up telehandler fluids, machine is a JCB 540-170, JCB obviously recommend you use their stuff which is outrageously expensive.

Firstly is it safe to mix anti-freeze, I am unsure of what solution is currently in the machine & I generally use Prestone 50/50 pre mixed, I have heard if you mix to some types of anti-freeze they can turn to a sludge and block the pipes ?

Engine oil seems like any 5w40 should do, so mainly looking for recommendations on Transmission & hydraulic fluids ?

Haven't had any problems with different antifrezes... They are all glycol based (AFAIK) so should mix ok... Sludges would form when it gets contaminated with engine oil, such as when you have blown head gasket more likely
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Haven't had any problems with different antifrezes... They are all glycol based (AFAIK) so should mix ok... Sludges would form when it gets contaminated with engine oil, such as when you have blown head gasket more likely
      I've always understood mixing pink and blue's a no no Muz, as I'm told they don't like each other a lot
      some thing to do with their additives.
      I always run 50% ..... have had 33% freeze/crystalize in the past
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        I've always understood mixing pink and blue's a no no Muz, as I'm told they don't like each other a lot
        some thing to do with their additives.
        I always run 50% ..... have had 33% freeze/crystalize in the past
        Pink or Red antifreeze tend to be long life 5 years, and the blue is universal and only last around 10 months so they don't tend to mix to well.

According to my spec sheets JCB 540-170 uses
        Engine Oil - 15w/40 E3-E5 @ £1.09 per litre
        Hydraulic - HVI 46 @ £0.95 per litre
        Transmission - CAT 10 @ £1.35 per litre
        Differential and Hubs 10w/30 @ £1.05 per litre

Please double check though.

Best wishes Midlands Lubricants

Comment

Working...
        X