Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takeuchi TB016 Track Extender Ram Hose leak

Hi all,

I have developed a hydraulic leak in one of the extender ram hoses, maybe snagged on something or general wear and tear.

I have ordered a replacement but my question is, can the top end connection be acheive via accessing under the the cab floor or is it it more challenging?

Cheers,

John.

There probably wont be enough room to access it you are more likely to have to do it from below .. certainly most of mine have been like that .. you'll need to get it up on some sleepers so you can get underneath it .. Ive got to say it, but I'm sure you know it .. DONT even think about working on it from below, relying on the machines hydraulics to jack it up. I used to take a chance here and there, but the good lord above had a 7 tonner main lift hose burst on me causing a boom to hit the deck, when I was just messing with a digger, and it was all the proof I needed to never EVER trust hydraulics .. ever ..! Stay safe man
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi Muz,

Thanks for the safety advice, I had already raised the machine on concrete blocks and timber to give access as I have taken the "odd chance" in my more youthful days and realised after how b****y stupid I was! I even had an incident when changing a car wheel, car was jacked up and chocked and was removing the wheel when all of a sudden the (newish) jack stripped its thread, thankfully I had been schooled by my late dad to always remove the wheel in the quarter to three position; certainly saved my fingers and hand.

Any way I have spoken to a Takeuchi dealer who stated the cab can be hinged up to allow access which I find surprising, so I have ordered a workshop manual and will carry out the work after consulting with the manual.

Thanks again, from a wet and windy Manx May day!

JMB

Comment

Working...
      X