U25-3a has started clicking / ticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U25-3a has started clicking / ticking

Hi all, it started on Monday, obviously hydraulics, I think, only starts when tracking or using more than one function at all revs?

Any ideas, it's driving me mad!

Cheers,

Fairmer.

Originally posted by fairmer View Post
    Hi all, it started on Monday, obviously hydraulics, I think, only starts when tracking or using more than one function at all revs?

Any ideas, it's driving me mad!

Cheers,

Fairmer.

Can you give us a clue as to the general location/direction the noise is coming from Boyo ??????

And does it have any effect on the functions in use at the time?
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Sounds like engine bay, not under feet where valve block etc are, but hard to confirm on me own, will get the wife to operate it whilst I listen.
      Everything works fine two speed tracking etc, noise not there when idling or full revs as long as nothing is happening, one function eg crowd or dipper etc on its own no ticking, tracking or two or more then the ticking starts.

Cheers,

Fairmer.

Comment

Sounds like engine bay, not under feet where valve block etc are, but hard to confirm on me own, will get the wife to operate it whilst I listen.
        Everything works fine two speed tracking etc, noise not there when idling or full revs as long as nothing is happening, one function eg crowd or dipper etc on its own no ticking, tracking or two or more then the ticking starts.

Cheers,

Fairmer.
        Well I'm afraid I know sod all about the model Boyo ....... but.... sounds to me like it's possibly something to do with pump sharing perhaps and any valvage to do with that?
        I assume you have more than one pump?
        is it/are they variable flow piston or conventional fixed?
        if variable could be something connected with the control of the swash plate .... my memory will not give me the right terminology ATM

Muz or one of the other guys here, who's more familiar, will probably be able to give you some better pointers, but engine bay would say pump(s) to me ...... without actually hearing/experiencing it myself.
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Hard to say without more info ... is it big ends when engine under load ? (unlikely on that engine) or hydraulics .. does the noise speed up or slow down when the revs go up or down ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            Hard to say without more info ... is it big ends when engine under load ? (unlikely on that engine) or hydraulics .. does the noise speed up or slow down when the revs go up or down ?
            Didn't consider an engine noise Muz ...... as you say ..unlikely on a Kub ...... what're the pumps on that???? Any pump sharing valve that'd be giving issues, oscillating/toggling??

Comment

Noise doesn't get louder but the ticking gets faster the larger the hydraulic command. More sticks more tracking faster ticking.

Cheers,

Fairmer.

Comment

Noise doesn't get louder but the ticking gets faster the larger the hydraulic command. More sticks more tracking faster ticking.

Cheers,

Fairmer.
                Flow related then

Comment

Well its a variable displacement pump, but your valve block will be grouped in sections, and have main relief valves controlling each section is it possible to tie the noise down to a certain group of commands ? . To really labour that digger engine you would need to blow off as many reliefs as possible, so you would have to stroke a ram to its end and hold it there, whilst simoultaneously doing the same with another .. a ram on the 3 seperate circuits would be dozer, boom/dipper, and aux service for hammer, the tracks are no good coz you cant prevent/stop the flow. See if you can narrow it down to a particular load area, it may be a relief valve fluttering or a shock valve or load sensor
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Cheers chaps, unfortunately I am away to work for the next couple of weeks but I will try and narrow it down when I get back Muz.Cheers,Fairmer.

Comment

Working...
                    X