Bobcat Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat Doors

Has anyone had trouble with Bobcat glass doors?
    We bought a new T870 tracked bobcat which continually shattered the door. It broke 4 times. Bobcat allowed us one on warranty but refused warranty after wards. In desperation we paid for two more doors but after that Bobcat ran out of doors, so that the drivers were operating in dusty conditions with no air conditioning.
    Next thing, a track motor failed , apparently it was an original manufactures fault, so bobcat replaced both motors , but took them 2 months to do this. The bobcat was crucial to our business.
    Jack_Caley

Originally posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    We bought a new T870 tracked bobcat which continually shattered the door. It broke 4 times. Bobcat allowed us one on warranty but refused warranty after wards. In desperation we paid for two more doors but after that Bobcat ran out of doors, so that the drivers were operating in dusty conditions with no air conditioning.
    Next thing, a track motor failed , apparently it was an original manufactures fault, so bobcat replaced both motors , but took them 2 months to do this. The bobcat was crucial to our business.
    Jack_Caley
    Thats not good news Jack .. ... track motors are xpensive .. good job they did that .. why does the door glass break ? is it vibration, or what? I assume they are curved ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

BOBCAT DOORS

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Thats not good news Jack .. ... track motors are xpensive .. good job they did that .. why does the door glass break ? is it vibration, or what? I assume they are curved ?
      The doors just shattered for no reason. Very disconcerting for the driver, as he was just showered with glass fragments. When he kept driving, no air conditioning, dusty, so drivers refused to drive it in the end.

Comment

.........Jack_Caley
        Not specifically Bobcat glass doors ........ but Jakie B black cab glass doors are equally vulnerable and I drew a complete blank on finding one (L/H side) ...... so made a polycarb one

Not as stiff as the glass or as good a visibility ..... due to the fact the Poly wasn't new ...... but keeps the rain and dust out

I feel your pain on the prices of the doors though not good!!!!!
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          Not specifically Bobcat glass doors ........ but Jakie B black cab glass doors are equally vulnerable and I drew a complete blank on finding one (L/H side) ...... so made a polycarb one

Not as stiff as the glass or as good a visibility ..... due to the fact the Poly wasn't new ...... but keeps the rain and dust out

I feel your pain on the prices of the doors though not good!!!!!
          Making a polycarb one does not appeal to me, they soon scratch, besides which Bobcat should have stood by their warranty.
          We are also farmers and supply equipment to the livestock industry. It may be OK to carry on like Bobcat do in the plant industry, but with the pressure of the weather and livestock to feed, if we carried on like Bobcat do we would lose all our customers overnight.
          Jack Caley

Comment

Making a polycarb one does not appeal to me, they soon scratch, besides which Bobcat should have stood by their warranty.
            We are also farmers and supply equipment to the livestock industry. It may be OK to carry on like Bobcat do in the plant industry, but with the pressure of the weather and livestock to feed, if we carried on like Bobcat do we would lose all our customers overnight.
            Jack Caley
            Yeh the poly is not great to see through ...... but does keep the weather out of old Jakie ..... better than nowt and would put a glass one back on him ...............if I could find one that doesn't need a mortgage to buy it with ..................... in fact, if I could actually find one'd be good

The cavalier attitude of some of these manufacturers beggars belief TBH ...... as you say, you'd not survive in biz long with their approach to customer care
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
            X