Foreign Objects In Fuel Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Objects In Fuel Tanks

I've often come across problems with fuel in excavators,(and other plant) particularly in my own self drive fleet, and.. here on this forum.. many of you post up with fuel problem issues .. just this week craig7 posted this thread here http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...ts-immediately

And I advised about the regular foreign objects I find in fuel tanks that can cause obstructions and ultimately cause engine shut down.

Some things that cause problems are particularly hard to spot by peering in through the neck, some objects are so small that you have to empty the tank to find them, but others are not .. It just so happens I had an excavator come in today with something spotted in the tank, the same machine has already had some bits of UPV cladding already removed from the tank .. I mean WTF ? UPVC strips cut from a barge board or something ? .. anyway today I was greeted with this

IMG_0129.jpg IMG_0130.JPG Dunno if you can see it ? .. In the bottom of the tank ?

Made up a special hook from copper filler rod and look what we found when fishing ?

IMG_0131.jpg IMG_0133.jpg

Unbelieveable innit ? and TBH .. this is a valid object as its related to fuel filling
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

I've found sticks a golf ball, a piece of a funnel, drink bottle tops, and on one tractor at least 13mm of sh1t from poorly maintained diesel drums.......................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
    X