No announcement yet.

Ukjays International 620 Digger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there idler did not go back much , I wonder if someone has removed a link from the chain .
    This is done if the pin wear is too great ,and it runs out of adjustment .Not sure who would have info on the number of links that is correct .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
      If there idler did not go back much , I wonder if someone has removed a link from the chain .
      This is done if the pin wear is too great ,and it runs out of adjustment .Not sure who would have info on the number of links that is correct .
      there'd be a half link in there then though surely Ian??? or are they wide/narrow ended? .... not too up on tracks??
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Think I may end up looking at hiring a hydraulic press to remove a pin then

Any idea how I tell which pin to remove - or will any pin do?

Comment

Originally posted by Ukjay View Post
          Think I may end up looking at hiring a hydraulic press to remove a pin then

Any idea how I tell which pin to remove - or will any pin do?
          I believe there'll be a master link ...... I'm no expert of tracks though ...... MUZ!!!
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Yes , there will be a Master pin , It should knock out with a BFhammer ,
            Most track chains are pressed together with the bushes protruding inside the link .Means if you do get the pin out the bush won't let the track open . Master pin bush is flush with the link with 2 spacer rings inside the link .

Comment

Yes , there will be a Master pin , It should knock out with a BFhammer ,Most track chains are pressed together with the bushes protruding inside the link .Means if you do get the pin out the bush won't let the track open . Master pin bush is flush with the link with 2 spacer rings inside the link .
              U R a star Ian ....... knew some one'd know

Comment

Thanks for the information Ian - Now all I need to do is find a
                BFhammer
                - which I assume is a Big Fookin Hammer

Most track chains are pressed together with the bushes protruding inside the link .Means if you do get the pin out the bush won't let the track open . Master pin bush is flush with the link with 2 spacer rings inside the link .
                Will have a look to see if I can locate the master pin.

Comment

Well,

Rang around a few peeps today to try and find a press for hire or someone to push the pin out prior to beating the fook out of the pin to get me mobile again, and it is as though my money isn't good enough!!

I honestly feel that these businesses deserve everything they get when things go quiet (which it will during the next couple of years), as their poor customer service and lies really p*ss me off.
                  If you don't want to help out - say so, don't leave a prospective customer in limbo. Do what you say you will do and get back to them with a price and time that you can meet them on site!!

Anyhoo, enough about that - going to have to build a pin pusher me thinks, so to the drawing board I need to go, as I need to get the digger going.

Does anyone have any plans, drawings that could give me some ideas?

Kind regards

Jay

Comment

Well,

Rang around a few peeps today to try and find a press for hire or someone to push the pin out prior to beating the fook out of the pin to get me mobile again, and it is as though my money isn't good enough!!

I honestly feel that these businesses deserve everything they get when things go quiet (which it will during the next couple of years), as their poor customer service and lies really p*ss me off.
                    If you don't want to help out - say so, don't leave a prospective customer in limbo. Do what you say you will do and get back to them with a price and time that you can meet them on site!!

Anyhoo, enough about that - going to have to build a pin pusher me thinks, so to the drawing board I need to go, as I need to get the digger going.

Does anyone have any plans, drawings that could give me some ideas?

Kind regards

Jay
                    Google portable track pin press ..... loads of pix Jay

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tr...qJawDA#imgrc=_

Comment

All you need is a bit of scaffold pipe (3 foot) with one end flattened and welded at 90 degrees to a foot long round bar of about 20 mm diameter (or slightly smaller than your master pin) hit the end of that with your sledge hammer, and the pin 'will' come out .. its a 2 man job though cos someone needs to hold the punch, and wear gloves and eyes, in case of splinters, cos you'll need a fair swing at it
                      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, it is appreciated.

Have located what I believe is the master pin (it has a center punch on both ends - all other pins are flat ended).

Now, with regards to the BFH and scaffold route - once the pin is out, what procedure is used to put the pin back in as the track will obviously be back in its runners etc, so will move one assumes?
                        Need also to find some pad bolts, as I believe the old ones will not undo, so I will try and track some down as they are not a std nut and boot, they have a square nut.

Whilst looking over the track as it lays on the ground - there is quite a bit of wear on the bushings, so it will need some track work in the future. What sort of cost is involved with track work?

Kind regards

Jay

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, it is appreciated.

Have located what I believe is the master pin (it has a center punch on both ends - all other pins are flat ended).

Now, with regards to the BFH and scaffold route - once the pin is out, what procedure is used to put the pin back in as the track will obviously be back in its runners etc, so will move one assumes?
                          Need also to find some pad bolts, as I believe the old ones will not undo, so I will try and track some down as they are not a std nut and boot, they have a square nut.

Whilst looking over the track as it lays on the ground - there is quite a bit of wear on the bushings, so it will need some track work in the future. What sort of cost is involved with track work?

Kind regards

Jay
                          Tracks ain't cheap for sure Jay .... one of the guys on 'the other forum' did a Tachi 130 a while back with 2 new chains ..... IIRC £1800, plus pad bolts, but including two new drive sprockets.

As for re-assembly ..... and I know virtually sod all about tracks ... I'd be tempted to try to get the joint on the sprocket, possibly with the use of a temporary pin perhaps ....... least it ain't gonna wander about much with a couple of links sat on the teeth and you've summat to lever/pry/pull/push against, which is pretty damned solid/stationary

I'm sure someone'll be along shortly to say why not though

Comment

Re assembly is a doddle .. once you are on flat ground, raise the front idler end up a little and wedge a bit of old 'H' beam or similar under a grouser plate, so that when you lower the machine this tightens the underside of the chain and takes up all the slack, what this does, is, it gives you the maximum available slack on the top side, keep nudging the sprocket round and use a pinch bar to lever the loose track along the top frame, over the top rollers, until the two ends meet, you'll have plenty of loose track so you can line up the master pin, and batter it back in.
                            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Muz,

As my track system only has one idler on the top (in the middle), I assume by battering the pin back in I will not have any issues with the track jumping over the lip of the idler etc?

Kind regds

Jay

Comment

As i know your not familiar with these machines .Bit of terminoligy for you Jay .Big wheel at the front is the idler , Toothy one at the back Sprocket .
                                Little one{S} on the top are Carrier rollers .One under the track frame are rollers .

Comment

Working...
                                X