Hitachi zx85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitachi zx85

Having just purchased a Hitachi zx85 in good mechanical condition but due to its previous life being spent in the Western Isles the body panels are needing a paint job , the question is where is my best source of paint and decals also could do with a workshop manual as well . Thanks for any help

Originally posted by Speysider View Post
    Having just purchased a Hitachi zx85 in good mechanical condition but due to its previous life being spent in the Western Isles the body panels are needing a paint job , the question is where is my best source of paint and decals also could do with a workshop manual as well . Thanks for any help
    The colours will be standard RAL codes. Many manufacturers put a sticker somewhere inside the cab with what the codes are. So its just a case of contacting your local paint shop for the paint, you may wish to determine whether the paint is suitable for spray on only, or ok to brush depending on your preferred method.

Due to low volume requirements, I suspect you will need to back to Hitachi for decals unless some aftermarket guys have copied them
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thank you muz you are a wealth of knowledge

Comment

Where in western isles did machine come from it could be the one we used to have at work( d mackay and sons)

Comment

Originally posted by alancaddy View Post
          Where in western isles did machine come from it could be the one we used to have at work( d mackay and sons)
          Alancaddy , this one came from Gairoch Brothers plant hire Muir of Ord

Comment

There are loads of places on eBay doing hitachi paint brush/spray on or aerosol, we do all the machines in two pack now as the salt air up here is pretty heavy on paint work,your one shouldn't be too bad as muir of ord is on mainland and not surrounded by sea like we are

Comment

Came across these guys the other day ... seems a decent service ?

http://www.constructioncolours.co.uk/
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                Came across these guys the other day ... seems a decent service ?

http://www.constructioncolours.co.uk/
                Looking good thanks muz

Comment

Originally posted by Speysider View Post
                  Alancaddy , this one came from Gairoch Brothers plant hire Muir of Ord
                  Got a mate in the Muir of Ord .... might know your machine even .... in fact he may even be on here ?

Just looked and he is

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...?825-Vinpetrol
                  If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
                  X