Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in old Volvo ec15b xtv

Hi all,

started here 1.9. by posting a typical newbie question: the service manual.

Never driven an exc. before so it is all new to me, but now after a few hours, can make the gadget do something useful and not only practise.

Have an MSc. degree in electrical engineering and have spent a lot of my life around various electrical problems . Old 4x4 has taught me a lot about cars. Now will start stretching my thinking towards hydraulics. When not at work, I might be using my Stihl MS-261 for making firewood.

I have an old house that needs a rainwater system overhaul and the yard need to be renewed as well and those were the main reasons for acquiring the Volvo exc.

it is an -15 b xtv with some 3000 hrs behind but hopefully at least a couple thousand ahead.

As a newbie might not be able to be of much help in hydraulics or excavator use, but might have an idea of how electricity works.

greetings from Finland

mattir

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
    Hi all,

started here 1.9. by posting a typical newbie question: the service manual.

Never driven an exc. before so it is all new to me, but now after a few hours, can make the gadget do something useful and not only practise.

Have an MSc. degree in electrical engineering and have spent a lot of my life around various electrical problems . Old 4x4 has taught me a lot about cars. Now will start stretching my thinking towards hydraulics. When not at work, I might be using my Stihl MS-261 for making firewood.

I have an old house that needs a rainwater system overhaul and the yard need to be renewed as well and those were the main reasons for acquiring the Volvo exc.

it is an -15 b xtv with some 3000 hrs behind but hopefully at least a couple thousand ahead.

As a newbie might not be able to be of much help in hydraulics or excavator use, but might have an idea of how electricity works.

greetings from Finland

mattir
    you sound like a useful chap to have on board Mattir
    welcome to the forum Boyo

how are you on CANBUS system design ??
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      you sound like a useful chap to have on board Mattir
      welcome to the forum Boyo

how are you on CANBUS system design ??
      Well, you raise the bar. CAN is used in cars and other mobile applications. Haven't worked on those, experience more on fixed installations

Comment

Working...
      X