Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanmar Vio 55 Pump O rings

At work we have an old Yanmar Vio 55

Its an absolute pig as a whole, always going wrong with this or that.

Now, seeing as I have no clue technically about anything mechanical, we have a bit of a Mr fix all at work we have replace this one seal several times over.

It appears to be some sort of check valve running off the pump (thats a KYB b0600) - I have more numbers if that helps.

It appears to be a o ring 17.12mm internal diameter
    2.62mm width

We have replaced it with several cheap o ring replacements which all appear to
    have given up the ghost on one edge and almost perished.

I think we would be much better off using a viton replacement instead of nitrile.

I have tried looking on google to find the part to no avail and our mr fix it is polish without the best english to explain.

The only thing I can say is that this piece appears to be brass coloured and doesnt appear to directly connect to anything, but that is the part we need the seal for.

Any help is greatly appreciated, sadly no camera phone at work to help me either.

If its fixed on the main pump its likely an 'unload' valve if its got no main lines in or out, which gets the swash plate to return to zero delivery at shut down/start up so the engine is not laboured while starting. Why does the o ring keep failing, is it not the right diameter, or maybe its not being fitted correctly, ... getting pinched or something ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

what your saying sounds about right.
      Looking at the failings of the o rings they are internal at one point.
      That could be a sign of stretching.

I know that we have been using 17.12 o rings by 2.62mm
      They also do ones in 17.46 and around 17.80, which I guess could potentially be slightly better.

Thanks Muz

Comment

Any resolution on this ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

No real solution permanently so we continued on and installed a like for like replacement temporarily which has held for now.
          We did however break this yesterday, new part l
          Ordered for £70 plus vat and around 13 odd for the courier. Seemed ok.

I got a phone upgrade from work the other week so I'll try and get some photos of the other problem.20161017_124713.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X