Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC15B XTV air in fuel filter

Hi

have been digging with my -15 and noticed that the filter with replaceable carton and glass cup has some air in it. Fuel level is approximately in the middle of the cup and seems to stay there while engine is running. Fuel flows rather slowly and the lever (valve) only barely has an effect on the flow.

Is this normal or do I have a gasket issue or fuel pump issue or both or what?. The machine runs normally I think and theres no air in the injector pump.

New filter ? Gaskets? Pump?

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
    Hi

have been digging with my -15 and noticed that the filter with replaceable carton and glass cup has some air in it. Fuel level is approximately in the middle of the cup and seems to stay there while engine is running. Fuel flows rather slowly and the lever (valve) only barely has an effect on the flow.

Is this normal or do I have a gasket issue or fuel pump issue or both or what?. The machine runs normally I think and theres no air in the injector pump.

New filter ? Gaskets? Pump?
    You are fine .. some of mine run like that too .. and Ive never bothered to find out why, as it doesent seem to affect the machine. One word of caution though .. If anything, its likely to be a faulty or limp electric lift pump thats not charging the fuel system properly. Your machine will most likely continue to run fine until you crack open the fuel system somehow ? .. after which it might not reprime its self properly and the machine will not run. just be aware
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      You are fine .. some of mine run like that too .. and Ive never bothered to find out why, as it doesent seem to affect the machine. One word of caution though .. If anything, its likely to be a faulty or limp electric lift pump thats not charging the fuel system properly. Your machine will most likely continue to run fine until you crack open the fuel system somehow ? .. after which it might not reprime its self properly and the machine will not run. just be aware
      Thanks,

Doug today some more and when checking the machine, fuel level had gone a bit up during the day while being at work. Will follow the level and most likely change the filter frame when have some spare time.

Comment

any air bleed nipple on the top of the bowl body .... used to have a 6354 Perky, in a crane, that'd need the air bleeding out the glass on ..... but would run quite happily with it in there ...... just didn't like to see it in there
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
        X