X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this lying in a shed for 30 years

Ive dated it at 1957 and its all authentic with correct plates ETC
    Attached Files
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Great new addition to the hire fleet Muz.
    So whats the plan , restore it?

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
      Great new addition to the hire fleet Muz.
      So whats the plan , restore it?
      I think so its such an early Hydradigger it would be rude not to .. everything ties up serial number wise and its a cracking example ... but it does need a lot of work
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ive had the skid unit running but this was the first drive under its own power .. still needed 24 volts up its arse at this stage to start it
        Attached Files

Comment

Bit hard to see , Is the front bucketHydraulicly dumped , or is it a manual trip bucket .

The hoe looks well built ,but the loader looks weak and primitive .

Comment

Bit hard to see , Is the front bucketHydraulicly dumped , or is it a manual trip bucket .

The hoe looks well built ,but the loader looks weak and primitive .
            It's all very primitive Ian .... but it's how JCB started

Front bucket was a manual dump on that machine

Comment

two way hydraulic ram , or only lift ?
              Cab looks to be in good nick, or does distance and camera lie ?
              .Anyway , it will compliment the E27 nicely as a collection

Comment

two way hydraulic ram , or only lift ?
                Cab looks to be in good nick, or does distance and camera lie ?
                .Anyway , it will compliment the E27 nicely as a collection
                Its lift only ... very basic .. the cab is surprisingly good, it will need work, but is easily done. This 'Hydra-Digga' as its called was one of the first that JCB put a fibre glass cab on as far as I am aware

Comment

What are your plans for the old girl?

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                    What are your plans for the old girl?
                    I'd quite like to get it operational again .. but there is a degree of expense involved .. the dipper ram is about 8 feet long and almost all chrome work will need replaced ... and then .. does anyone do imperial sized rods these days ? to fit old cylinders ?

Comment

Here there are places that will rechrome rods . but i would say that imperial rods should still be available .

Comment

think I'd be turning a quick profit on that one Muz and let someone else have the heartache and grief involved ..... there're better m/cs about to collect ..... it's a jake FFS !!!!!
                        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                          think I'd be turning a quick profit on that one Muz and let someone else have the heartache and grief involved ..... there're better m/cs about to collect ..... it's a jake FFS !!!!!
                          Sure .. but the work is easy .. and... it is a piece of history the major is a doddle to work on and so is the fibreglass and the back end is sooo basic it couldnt be easier ... better to spend time on this and keep me out of the pub

Comment

Working...
                          X