No announcement yet.

Volvo EC15B swinging problem by arm move down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kit comes with 40 and 400 bar .... I bought another 70bar as the Hydrema's servo system is 35 bar and close to the limit of the 40 bar gauge ..... in case it was over pressuring .... the kit has a slot for a third gauge too!! .... That one is the Stauf test points set

Cheapest place is Flowfit ... a few quid for a gauge ....... just looked and gone up over 2 quid in 2 months !!

http://www.flowfitonline.com/hydraul...p-bottom-entry

They ship Europe wide ... for free .... ordered on line

You might need to buy yourself some tees, to tee into lines with .... presumably your m/c is on metric fittings, so will need say .. M16Male-1/4"bspFemale-m16Female, to connect the Stauf adapter in the kit to the line ..... obviously whatever size hose you're teeing into you will need a tee to suit, with the branch at 1/4" BSP ..... or an adapter from whatever the branch is to 1/4" BSP

That's probably the cheapest way to go TBH ...... odd branch fittings are usually very expensive, where as an adapter Male to Male will be a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to find
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

shit !!!!
      Just re-read that and you bought the minimess kit ..... might not fit your existing test points ... Stauf are most common
      can you put up some pix of your points?
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

But look to

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...aul-plus/page8

User "jackpreacher" has a Volvo EC15 and bought the same set. I think it will fit. If not, then I think I can buy an adapter. The set is on the way...

Comment

Originally posted by wowe View Post
          But look to

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...aul-plus/page8

User "jackpreacher" has a Volvo EC15 and bought the same set. I think it will fit. If not, then I think I can buy an adapter. The set is on the way...

No disrespect to Jack's thread ..... and WOW!! some thread .... but it doesn't actually say the kit was suitable ..... Muz might know otherwise???

The Staufs are metric M16 x 2.0mm IIRC and are more commonly found on Eu built machines ....... I'll have to measure the thread on a minimess on my Jake for you to see what they are ..... maybe tomorrow

here's a Stauf ....

Here's a bargain for you http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2820861828...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and another http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-8-bsp-hy...wAAOSwYIxX3U06

Minimess adapter M14 x 1.5mm - M16 x 1mm Male

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPRADOW-HY...4AAOSwmrlUt6Sr

Comment

The kit will be fine ... you wont need any of the adaptors, the hose has the correct end already on it from what I can see
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thank you for your fast answer. Itīs nice to know to bought the right one.

Regards wowe

Comment

Hello,

the test kit and a hydraulic hand-pump have arrived. Now I can make the necessary meassurements. You know the Problem: The lowering boom. What should I investigate at first? I suggest the secondary valves of the boom control element. There should be a relief pressure of 280bar.

btw: The area around the control-block is very dity. I tried to clean it with a vacuum cleaner and some brushes. But it isnīt clean. So itīs not possible to open a hose without geting a Problem by the dirt. I thought about the usage of a pressure washer. A heavy action against the digger...

Regards WoWe

Comment

Hello,

the test kit and a hydraulic hand-pump have arrived. Now I can make the necessary meassurements. You know the Problem: The lowering boom. What should I investigate at first? I suggest the secondary valves of the boom control element. There should be a relief pressure of 280bar.

btw: The area around the control-block is very dity. I tried to clean it with a vacuum cleaner and some brushes. But it isnīt clean. So itīs not possible to open a hose without geting a Problem by the dirt. I thought about the usage of a pressure washer. A heavy action against the digger...

Regards WoWe
                  er ...... what's the pump for ??????

Pressure wash it off and dry it off with a good high pressure air line .... will also help shift any stubborn 'left overs' too ....... watch your eyes ... wear goggles!

Do the test points in the machine match the test gauge's line adapter, size wise?

Comment

er ...... what's the pump for ??????
                    In the tech-doc. you can read:

Adjustment of secondary valves

Measurement

Disconnect the hose from the control valve. Connect hand pump (P) with pressure gauge (A), 0 - 400 bar, to port A8 on the control valve block.

NOTE!

All secondary valves must be checked in the same way.

Comment

In the tech-doc. you can read:

Comment

Many days later... I tried to mount the minimess-hose of the pressure measurement kit - but it doesnīt fit:

So Looks the testpoint of the control block:

EC15 Testpoin topview.jpg

The hose from the kit doesnīt fit to this port:

EC15 Testpoint with hose from Kit.jpg

This fits: Hose and Adapter both from the kit

JCB Set Pipe plus Adapter.jpg

So I canīt mount the hose direct to the existing meassurement ports. Certainly I could change some components, but I will contact the vendor.

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                          70 and 400 bar .... the smaller gauge will do your servo pressures and the larger one will do your main pressures

stauf test point kit
                          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hydraulic-...oAAOxy3NBSeLfo

minimess test point kit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3818261924...84.m1436.l2649

shit !!!!
                          Just re-read that and you bought the minimess kit ..... might not fit your existing test points ... Stauf are most common
                          can you put up some pix of your points?
                          No disrespect to Jack's thread ..... and WOW!! some thread .... but it doesn't actually say the kit was suitable ..... Muz might know otherwise???

The Staufs are metric M16 x 2.0mm IIRC and are more commonly found on Eu built machines ....... I'll have to measure the thread on a minimess on my Jake for you to see what they are ..... maybe tomorrow

here's a Stauf ....

Here's a bargain for you http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2820861828...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and another http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-8-bsp-hy...wAAOSwYIxX3U06

Minimess adapter M14 x 1.5mm - M16 x 1mm Male

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPRADOW-HY...4AAOSwmrlUt6Sr

Many days later... I tried to mount the minimess-hose of the pressure measurement kit - but it doesnīt fit:

So Looks the testpoint of the control block:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3447[/ATTACH]

The hose from the kit doesnīt fit to this port:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3448[/ATTACH]

This fits: Hose and Adapter both from the kit

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3449[/ATTACH]

So I canīt mount the hose direct to the existing meassurement ports. Certainly I could change some components, but I will contact the vendor.
                          A pity you hadn't posted the pix of your STAUF test point .... or looked at my pix of the STAUFs before ordering the minimess kit .... you'd have seen the differences then Boyo ...... without wishing to say the obvious ... I did ask you if you were sure about the points, as the STAUF are most common on Eu m/c.s

Comment

I did ask you if you were sure about the points, as the STAUF are most common on Eu m/c.s
                            You did to be fair .. and I also assumed the kit had the right ends, or at least adapters to do both ? as Ive never been able to buy anything else in Europe .. maybe I just got lucky ? well looks like Wowe needs an adaptor to do the tests then
                            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I took a view to the testpoint - Stauf. v8druid you have had right. I will look for a solution...

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                                You did to be fair .. and I also assumed the kit had the right ends, or at least adapters to do both ? as Ive never been able to buy anything else in Europe .. maybe I just got lucky ? well looks like Wowe needs an adaptor to do the tests then
                                cheapest option would be a new line Muz .. Stauf to 1/4 BSP gauge adapter ...... and some Stauf Tee points if he wants to tap in anywhere else, but if only in existing staufs .... the new line'd do ..

IIRC Jake likes those minimess ... but my 3 CX has a few staufs and a 1/4 ISO A on the steering pump?

Comment

Working...
                                X