Volvo EC15B swinging problem by arm move down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wowe View Post
    I took a view to the testpoint - Stauf. v8druid you have had right. I will look for a solution...
    see my answer to Muz Wowe .... new line is the cheapest solution ..... finding an adaptor from minimess to stauf will be like looking for rocking horse / unicorn poo
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      cheapest option would be a new line Muz .. Stauf to 1/4 BSP gauge adapter
      I thought you might say that, as one proprietary fitting seldom relates to another .. at least a new connector should be no great expense ... And also ..at least someone round here knows their Stauf ... now... WTF is ISO A ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        I thought you might say that, as one proprietary fitting seldom relates to another .. at least a new connector should be no great expense ... And also ..at least someone round here knows their Stauf ... now... WTF is ISO A ?
        LOL

ISO A ----- http://www.flowfitonline.com/hydraul...g-male-14-bsp-

a strange choice on jake's part, as a pressure check outlet

New line'd be about 20 quid I'd guess
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

a strange choice on jake's part, as a pressure check outlet
          Just looks like a bog standard pintle QR coupling (in 1/4) .. didnt know that was the designation .. cheers
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

@v8druid

The vendor would take the set back. But the most important is, to buy the next time the right.

I compared the both ads again:

The right one for Stauff?:
            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hydraulic-...p2047675.l2557

The wrong which I have:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JCB-hydrau...3D172433509562

But supposedly the same content!!:

KIT CONTENTS
            • 2 x 63mm glycerine filled pressure gauges user selectable up to 700 bar.
            • 2 x MinimessTM 1620 test points - 1/4” BSP & M10x1 threaded. 1 x G1/4” BSP to 1620 gauge adaptor.
            • 1 x 630 bar rated MinimessTM pressure test hose - 1.5 meters long.
            • Additional 3/8” & 1/2” BSP male threaded adaptors & seals.

Thereīs something wrong...

My testpoint is: Stauff Test 20 (M16x2)

Last edited by wowe; 10-01-2017, 12:14 PM.

Comment

To get more safety I looked direct at the site of the vendor. But itīs not easy.

This should be mine kit:

http://www.hydrotechnik.co.uk/jcb-st...re-testing-kit

The content is described as:
              2 gauges
              2 HSP test points 1/4 & 1/8" BSP,
              Adaptors for 1/2" & 3/4" BSP
              3 male / female adaptors with test points fitted: 1/4", 1/2" & 3/4"
              Direct gauge connector
              2m length of microbore hose for connecting test point to gauge
              Cleaning cloth and dowty washers.

In the PDF-file the Content is described as:
              2 x 63mm glycerine filled pressure gauges user selectable up to 700 bar.
              3 x Male/Swivel Female inline test point plug adaptors. 1/4", 3/8" & 1/2" BSP.
              1 x JCB style test point plug - 1/4" BSP. 1 x G1/4" BSP to JCB style test point plug female.
              1 x 400 bar rated pressure test hose - 1.5 meters Long.
              Additional 3/8" & 1/2" BSP male threaded adaptors & seals.

It seems not identical. For a hydro-beginner this is lethal.

Comment

So - now Iīm a little bit more clever (or can I say "more cleverer"?)

Minimess doesnīt mean non-metric. Minimess 1620 means a test hose/testpoint with a metric M16x2 thread. This is the thread at the "Stauff test 20" testpoint.

Comment

Reading wove's experiencing with great respect. Might have similar excercises coming with my -15b xtv. Hydraulics, as simple as it is, still a bit mysterious to me, especially the world of various control valves. The problem is in two things: what are the various symbols on the diagram and how do those look like in real life.

Could you post some pics. on the measurement you do on the valve block?

Does one simply connect the gauge ( engine not running?) and then what? Does the oil come out when connecting? How do I know the right pressure? I assume I should operate the circuit to get the pressure.

I feel more home with the electrical circuits...

Comment

Reading wove's experiencing with great respect.
                    Thanks

Hydraulics, as simple as it is, still a bit mysterious to me, especially the world of various control valves. The problem is in two things: what are the various symbols on the diagram and how do those look like in real life.
                    I have a complete plan of the hydraulics. At the begining, it was a litte bis strange. Of course, the simple elements like a hydraulic cylindre are easy to understand. But there are much more complex elements. A Little help was the doc of Rexroth to the SX12. This is the control block. One elementary necessary understanding are the valves of the control block. Another is the understanding of the "load sense". Iīm didnīt become a hydraulic expert Job. Iīm a car mechanic and I finished an electronics study. But with some work I can understand the most themes I engage with (Thatīs not guilty for my woman)

Could you post some pics. on the measurement you do on the valve block?
                    Of course

Does the oil come out when connecting?
                    No. The stauff hydraulic test 20 are (certainly) constructed for a Mount/dismount "on the fly". You can read such Information e.g. at stauff.com
                    But one seems necessary: I donīt know much of hydraulics. But I know, that working on it is not harmless. High pressure injections into your body cause a heavy thread to your health! You must know what you do!

[QUOTE][How do I know the right pressure? I assume I should operate the circuit to get the pressure./QUOTE]

This answers only the tech doc of your digger.

I feel more home with the electrical circuits...
                    Ok - at least a check valve and a diode have the same effect.

I started a thread about understanding the EC15:

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...nding-my-EC15B

You can use it for questions. Some things can be solved by a question, but some themes need own hard effort.

Regards wowe
                    Last edited by wowe; 13-01-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Thanks wove,Can't quote all your texts and write without quotes.

I have the service manual downloaded, all 600+ pages in iBooks. Poor user interface but the information is there. Haven't had time to study the secrets too deeply, but will do in case have an issue.

The check valve being like a diode was great news as I know exactly how a diode works. Likewise the Rexroth SX12 will fill an information gap size of Grand Canyon. Thanks!

Understand that hydraulics involve high pressures and that calls for at least eye protection when opening circuits.

I'm holding masters degree on electrotechnics and additionally have been doing quite a lot mechanical overhaul for 4x4 pickups. Have a lot of tools and the only limit is time that seems get consumed to less important things than excavating

Comment

• Understand that hydraulics involve high pressures and that calls for at least eye protection when opening circuits.
                        No - thatīs not enough! You must be absolutely secure that there is no more pressure in the system. In your service manual the procedure to reach this is described. And not only your eyes are threaten. Each oil injection in your body ist very dangerous. You can lost your extremities or in a very bad case your life.

Regards wowe

Comment

• Originally posted by wowe View Post
                          No - thatīs not enough! You must be absolutely secure that there is no more pressure in the system. In your service manual the procedure to reach this is described. And not only your eyes are threaten. Each oil injection in your body ist very dangerous. You can lost your extremities or in a very bad case your life.

Regards wowe
                          Ok, thanks for advice. Will check the manual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattir View Post
                            Ok, thanks for advice. Will check the manual.
                            Originally posted by wowe View Post

Regards wowe
                            a 5000 PSI/340 bar injection of oil, into your hand, apart from the physical damage to the hand, will almost certainly result in the need to amputate your arm to save your life ..... if it is dealt with quickly Mattir

Utmost respect is required for high pressure hydraulic systems ............ the dangers can not be over-emphasised

Comment

• Originally posted by wowe View Post
                              oil injection in your body ist very dangerous. You can lost your extremities or in a very bad case your life.
                              a 5000 PSI/340 bar injection of oil, into your hand, apart from the physical damage to the hand, will almost certainly result in the need to amputate your arm to save your life ..... if it is dealt with quickly Mattir

This a fact gentlemen .. (as many of you know) Medically, problems can even be worse than described .. small amounts of injected oil in the blood stream can be fatal, because it causes blood poisoning, which then causes vital organs to shut down if it is a significant enough dose .. so extreme caution is the rule.

I also try to avoid holding test equipment in case of bursts, when doing pressure tests.

Another huge no no .. is using heat on any metal pipe work, whilst its still connected to a sealed circuit. In all cases it must be drained and opened beforehand. Might sound obvious to some but ..hydraulic oil is highly flammable when hot, a depressurised circuit will gain pressure when heated from an external source

Comment

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
                                This a fact gentlemen .. (as many of you know) Medically, problems can even be worse than described .. small amounts of injected oil in the blood stream can be fatal, because it causes blood poisoning, which then causes vital organs to shut down if it is a significant enough dose .. so extreme caution is the rule.

I also try to avoid holding test equipment in case of bursts, when doing pressure tests.

Another huge no no .. is using heat on any metal pipe work, whilst its still connected to a sealed circuit. In all cases it must be drained and opened beforehand. Might sound obvious to some but ..hydraulic oil is highly flammable when hot, a depressurised circuit will gain pressure when heated from an external source
                                and if you're welding/heating an open pipe, keep clear of the ends, as it'll likely become a flame thrower momentarily, as the contents vapourise and burn

Comment

Working...
                                X