Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are dealers for Takeuchi these days in Scotland ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are dealers for Takeuchi these days in Scotland ?

What is it with these guys http://www.takeuchi-mfg.co.uk/ the cant sort them selves out good machines too .. should say the web site says but as of usual .. will they be a different lot in a months time and why do they keep changing dealers so much ?

I think its margins / support and all that stuff .. you cant get bits for them .. but you shouldnt need many ofcourse
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Excellent machines .. I had one once and it held its value well I thought
      Courage is rightly considered the foremost of the virtues, for upon it, all others depend.
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Like the Tekkie machines even though the linkages do seem to wear prematurely; that said they, like the Yanmar; do dig above their weight. Only recently I had the opportunity to use a Hitachi 2.5 tonner and I loved it; a fast nimble machine with the demographics of a Brouder toy.
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Hi Gary,

I have had the same and similar issues.

I am looking for a good s/hand Takeuchi TB016 c/w cab and contacted Takeuchi U.K. for dealers in the North West/Scotland (as I live in the Isle of Man and we do not have a dealer here).

On contacting these dealers by email to inform them of my requirements I received a very mixed bag. Quite a few did not have the basic courtesy to acknowledge my enquiry whereas some did respond even if to say they did not have a machine at the present time. We are supposed to be in economic difficulties and I would have expected dealers would be banging on my door!!

On a positive note one dealer came back advising he did not have my particular requirement but did offer another machine and stated he would keep me on his books if anything came up.

I am still looking!!

Comment

Originally posted by JMB View Post
            Hi Gary,

I have had the same and similar issues.

I am looking for a good s/hand Takeuchi TB016 c/w cab and contacted Takeuchi U.K. for dealers in the North West/Scotland (as I live in the Isle of Man and we do not have a dealer here).

On contacting these dealers by email to inform them of my requirements I received a very mixed bag. Quite a few did not have the basic courtesy to acknowledge my enquiry whereas some did respond even if to say they did not have a machine at the present time. We are supposed to be in economic difficulties and I would have expected dealers would be banging on my door!!

On a positive note one dealer came back advising he did not have my particular requirement but did offer another machine and stated he would keep me on his books if anything came up.

I am still looking!!

Why dont you speak to the guys at Young plant .. based in Doune ... Ive dealt with them for 20 odd years, and they will look after you .. It will be a Kubota though , but theres not much to draw against them and Takeuchi , but at least you get first class support, and any part you need either next day, or in two if its to come from Germany which is their big European manufacturing base

http://www.youngplant.co.uk/
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi Muz,

Thanks for the info.

Kubota I had heard are a cracking machine so I may give them an email, at least they may keep me on their books,

Cheers,

John

Comment

The first digger I ever bought was from Tom Young more than 20 years ago, sadly he is no longer with us, and he was an absolute gent to deal with. Luckily his son Brian who now runs the business understands the difficulties many of us face in this world of plant too, and I can't fault his own manner and his ability to look after his customers .. If you want a sure fire certainty of not having any hassle for your digger purchase .. you'd be hard to beat Brian and the team he has around him to support you

Its not really my job on this forum to try to convince anyone what to do .. I am unbiased, and I spend most of my time trying to help people and stop them getting ripped off, like I have been over the years by some folks, .. but unlike some flighty Takeuchi dealerships .. those guys at Youngs have stuck it out through thick and thin and theres a lot to be said for that

Comment

These guys http://www.jmsequipment.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                    Hi Jim,the Berrypicker has lasted well.When he came out of haulage into plant they all said it won`t succeed here,but he seems to have proved them wrong.
                    I used to use him now and again when they had the lorries on the road.
                    Nice people.

Comment

Working...
                    X