No announcement yet.

Starting and hydraulic issues today on Volvo EC15B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little more information to finish this post off that might help someone in the future, seems like this is a known problem and a service bulletin was issue in 2008 regarding inferior pilot valve coils ( not covered under warranty).

It does seem though that someone in the past had a similar issue and damaged the control valve itself which also put a strain on the coils. So 2 valves, 2 coils and a lot less cash later seems like all will be well again.

I have part number diagram for the block assembly and a copy of the service bulletin, but unfortunately can't upload as files are to big for this type of document (PDF) so if you have a get around Muz let me know and I will post. One is 160Kb the other 115Kb max allowed is 97Kb.

(Earthing straps were fine by the way)

Comment

Originally posted by Noel_ Colledge View Post
      Just a little more information to finish this post off that might help someone in the future, seems like this is a known problem and a service bulletin was issue in 2008 regarding inferior pilot valve coils ( not covered under warranty).

It does seem though that someone in the past had a similar issue and damaged the control valve itself which also put a strain on the coils. So 2 valves, 2 coils and a lot less cash later seems like all will be well again.

I have part number diagram for the block assembly and a copy of the service bulletin, but unfortunately can't upload as files are to big for this type of document (PDF) so if you have a get around Muz let me know and I will post. One is 160Kb the other 115Kb max allowed is 97Kb.

(Earthing straps were fine by the way)
      Good news, thanks for contributing.

Awaiting your post on the service bulletin and other related docs.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel_ Colledge View Post
        can't upload as files are to big for this type of document (PDF) so if you have a get around Muz let me know and I will post. One is 160Kb the other 115Kb max allowed is 97Kb.
        Thanks for the info PDF's are set at one meg at the moment so I dont understand that ?, but its not something anyone has posted recently, and we have had several upgrades since that policy was set .. I'd appreciate if you could email me the docs to admin@plantandconstruction.co.uk and I will work out why you couldn't upload.. Might be some Adobe nonsence
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Here are the pdfs from Noel_ Colledge

EC15B~Accumulator~Updated.pdf

EC15B-Accumulator-Bulletin.pdf

Looks like I misinterpreted the number of zeroes for the file size .. so I bunged an extra zero on, and it worked thanks for the files Noel .. good to get that attachment issue resolved
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks for sorting Muz

I know the feeling regarding the zero's.Have the same issue every time I look at my bank balance at the end of the month

Comment

Working...
            X