Excavator Hire / Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excavator Hire / Purchase

Have a bit of a temporary issue at work.
    We have a new block of apartments which we are building which means that we have to take a machine, potentially 13 ton onto the slab to move and re-position the shutter and perform the concrete pours for the columns and the shuffling of the shutters but the shear walls themselves we have pour from the outside, The 18mtr telehandler would be to cumbersome on the pad, Our 5ton excavator wont lift the concrete skip or the height of it and the ground workers are flat out with their 13ton and even if it wasnt it would have to be installed with trackpads and the machine would be better as a zero tail swing or at least minimal.

Do we hire a machine with pads to perform this work and how much would one cost, guess thats relative with the need of pads, how much more is that likely to cost us, We could hire one without, buy them ourselves and then remove them prior to the machine going back and keep them for re use another time, think I saw a price of £16 per pad the other day for the bolt on variant, Not sure how many it would actually take.

We had the groundworkers renting an older machine out to us on site before at £400 per week I believe before they purchased their newer machine so Im honestsly not sure what one would cost from elsewhere.

I know we do hire them but I honestly wouldnt have a clue what we actually pay, thats more involved through the office.

I believe we would need the machine for around a month and I am contemplating the idea of us purchasing a machine with the pads and then selling it on afterwards.
    Have no idea what our purchase to trade in value would be over that time.

So does anyone have any idea of these costs involved and could fill me in, would we have been better with a rubber duck?, but then would that not put much more load on the slab initially, similar issue in that sense to the forklift.

I am trying to work all this out in my head, hopefully have an informed plan of attack to pass on to my contracts director, get it done.
    I have some feelers out on something but I am currently unsure.

P.S.
    If their is a liebherr rep reading this we would ideally like to trial one of your machines, maybe for a month, obviously free of charge.
    We are good like that.
    P.P.S.
    On the plus side we are only in Bedford so nice and close.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Matt

Starlifter or Spider...... job done
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Yeah could we do. Maybe it's force of habit making me think excavator.
      But then that would enable us to use it more other times

Comment

Yeah we could do. Maybe it's force of habit making me think excavator.
        But then that would enable us to use it more other times when we aren't craving crane specifically, also it wouldn't require any special training to use.

Guess 360 tele would work too although I would have to check Boom lengths but I worry slightly about load on the slab.
        I know our 18m tele has a lot of weight on the tyres for a small surface area.

Comment

excavator

but what if it goes like this, What can you do in hours with a hose we can do in 10 minutes with our water blaster? And the waste gets disposed of in an environmentally friendly way.

Comment

Originally posted by rupertwelliams View Post
            but what if it goes like this, What can you do in hours with a hose we can do in 10 minutes with our water blaster? And the waste gets disposed of in an environmentally friendly way.

Er ....... WTF?
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Bloody spammers ... he is no more Philippines ip address
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                Bloody spammers ... he is no more Philippines ip address

...... on the ball as always Muz

Comment

Working...
                X