Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oddity for Muz re: replying to posts

Apprentice joiner

Oddity for Muz re: replying to posts

Muz,

I was about to reply to V8 Druids ongoing saga when it dawned on me that there is only a 'reply with quote' hot button down at the end of a thread, and no 'reply' . The only 'reply' button is way up at the top of the first post on the page and not easily discover-able if there are many posts on a page.

Any chance of a 'reply' button next to 'reply with quote' ?

Now VERY oddly this thread HAS a blue button for 'reply' at the bottom left but V8Druid's thread hasn't ??????

Quantity Surveyor on the up v8druid's Avatar
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMawson View Post
    Muz,

I was about to reply to V8 Druids ongoing saga when it dawned on me that there is only a 'reply with quote' hot button down at the end of a thread, and no 'reply' . The only 'reply' button is way up at the top of the first post on the page and not easily discover-able if there are many posts on a page.

Any chance of a 'reply' button next to 'reply with quote' ?

Now VERY oddly this thread HAS a blue button for 'reply' at the bottom left but V8Druid's thread hasn't ??????
    Tha's cuz you're at the top of the page Andrew
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Apprentice joiner
    No Graham, this thread has the button at the top AND the bottom. Your much longer thread DOES'NT have the bottom button.

No Graham, this thread has the button at the top AND the bottom. Your much longer thread DOES'NT have the bottom button.
    Had a look and they are all there ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help lots of others, which is why we exist

Apprentice joiner
    OK I'm not going mad - here is a screen shot of the last page of Grahams thread with NO REPLY BUTTON ! Only 'reply with quote'

No-Reply-Button.jpg

OK I'm not going mad - here is a screen shot of the last page of Grahams thread with NO REPLY BUTTON ! Only 'reply with quote'

No-Reply-Button.jpg
    Its there alright .. but for some reason its hidden behind all the page numbers on the left if you look closely, I presume its something to do with Chrome and your older operating system ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help lots of others, which is why we exist

Its most likely an HTML issue for your O/S once a thread runs into a second line of page numbers. There would be a separator that keeps the button differentiated from the page number count, but in your case, its overlayed it ? ... something like that.. but I'm no coder so would need to ask the question

Quantity Surveyor on the up ianoz's Avatar
    I get the same .I would say , you have it set to newest replies first .

Quantity Surveyor on the up v8druid's Avatar
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

No-Reply-Button.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Its there alright .. but for some reason its hidden behind all the page numbers on the left if you look closely, I presume its something to do with Chrome and your older operating system ?
    Aye Muz is right ........ I always struggle to just click the edge of the bloody thing ..... can't yer alter teh page number layout please Muz
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    Aye Muz is right ........ I always struggle to just click the edge of the bloody thing ..... can't yer alter teh page number layout please Muz
    I doubt it .. it will be hard coded into the forum software... 'however' ... if those that have the problem, can tell me their browser, and their o/s .. there may be a fix ? I dont know? .. certainly with windows 10 and firefox/chrome etc, it all displays perfectly.