Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddity for Muz re: replying to posts

Muz,

I was about to reply to V8 Druids ongoing saga when it dawned on me that there is only a 'reply with quote' hot button down at the end of a thread, and no 'reply' . The only 'reply' button is way up at the top of the first post on the page and not easily discover-able if there are many posts on a page.

Any chance of a 'reply' button next to 'reply with quote' ?

Now VERY oddly this thread HAS a blue button for 'reply' at the bottom left but V8Druid's thread hasn't ??????

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
    Muz,

I was about to reply to V8 Druids ongoing saga when it dawned on me that there is only a 'reply with quote' hot button down at the end of a thread, and no 'reply' . The only 'reply' button is way up at the top of the first post on the page and not easily discover-able if there are many posts on a page.

Any chance of a 'reply' button next to 'reply with quote' ?

Now VERY oddly this thread HAS a blue button for 'reply' at the bottom left but V8Druid's thread hasn't ??????
    Tha's cuz you're at the top of the page Andrew
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

No Graham, this thread has the button at the top AND the bottom. Your much longer thread DOES'NT have the bottom button.

Comment

No Graham, this thread has the button at the top AND the bottom. Your much longer thread DOES'NT have the bottom button.
        Had a look and they are all there ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

OK I'm not going mad - here is a screen shot of the last page of Grahams thread with NO REPLY BUTTON ! Only 'reply with quote'

No-Reply-Button.jpg

Comment

OK I'm not going mad - here is a screen shot of the last page of Grahams thread with NO REPLY BUTTON ! Only 'reply with quote'

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3374[/ATTACH]
            Its there alright .. but for some reason its hidden behind all the page numbers on the left if you look closely, I presume its something to do with Chrome and your older operating system ?
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Its most likely an HTML issue for your O/S once a thread runs into a second line of page numbers. There would be a separator that keeps the button differentiated from the page number count, but in your case, its overlayed it ? ... something like that.. but I'm no coder so would need to ask the question

Comment

I get the same .I would say , you have it set to newest replies first .

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3374[/ATTACH]
                  Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  Its there alright .. but for some reason its hidden behind all the page numbers on the left if you look closely, I presume its something to do with Chrome and your older operating system ?
                  Aye Muz is right ........ I always struggle to just click the edge of the bloody thing ..... can't yer alter teh page number layout please Muz
                  If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                    Aye Muz is right ........ I always struggle to just click the edge of the bloody thing ..... can't yer alter teh page number layout please Muz
                    I doubt it .. it will be hard coded into the forum software... 'however' ... if those that have the problem, can tell me their browser, and their o/s .. there may be a fix ? I dont know? .. certainly with windows 10 and firefox/chrome etc, it all displays perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      I doubt it .. it will be hard coded into the forum software... 'however' ... if those that have the problem, can tell me their browser, and their o/s .. there may be a fix ? I dont know? .. certainly with windows 10 and firefox/chrome etc, it all displays perfectly.
                      the only reliable windows OS ...... XP what else !! and google chrome ..... which no longer supports XP.
                      Going Mac when old faithful gives up the ghost ... **** the new windows bollox

Comment

It happens on my several desk top machine which are running Win7 and Chrome, and also happens on my iPad running the latest iOS and Safari

Comment

It happens on my several desk top machine which are running Win7 and Chrome, and also happens on my iPad running the latest iOS and Safari
                          Andrew,As I asked.Do you have it set to newest replies to the top?If So,Reply on mine is only at the top of the page and the bottom.

Comment

Not sure what you mean Ian. I always click the 'view latest' and it ends up at the bottom of the page. Can't see any option to reverse the order

Comment

OK here's my two/penneth.
                              Andrew is sort of right, the page 47 of 47 does cover over the reply button, I am on Firefox, but it is still just about doable as Graham said.
                              However I just tried it on IE and there is no sign at all of the reply button under the 47 of 47.
                              Sorry if this just add's to the confusion.

Comment

Working...
                              X