Newly acquired 1989 grey cab 3CX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly acquired 1989 grey cab 3CX

Hello one and all. I'm new to JCB's but do have a '55 TEF20 (little grey fergie) which gives good service on our 6.5 acres.

Guess what? I could really do with a manual. The one i have for the Fergie has proved invaluable and whilst handy with a spanner I don't know 1 end of a 3CX from the other. From looking at previous postings it looks like one might exist so some pointers would be much appreciated.

Serial No. on 3CX is 348491 and seems in generally reasonable nick. Have already had fuel supply problem temporarily fixed by blowing up fuel line from lift pump to base of tank (sludge?). Armed with new rubber gasket my 1st job is to drain tank and remove large access plate on front of tank and give it a good clean out. Was then planning on cleaning out lift pump (is there a service kit?) and sediment filter and new fuel filter to ensure all good and clear.

Was looking for general advice on what would be sensible to replace/check on the oil/filter front given i have no idea when anything was last done.

Any other suggestions on checks/maintenance would be much appreciated. I hear much talk of water in the slew gearbox so was going to refill that once i have found drain/fill plugs.

Thanks again

I have a scan of the manual that runs to 61 Mb and another of the export version (flop down legs) at 41 Mb both as .pdfs. Give me an email address that will accept that volume and I'll send them as attachments

Comment

Hi Andrew,

I have been in contact with Greg and I too have been looking for an Owners Handbook for a 1988 Grey Cab 3CX M/C 3391xxx

If you can email me a scan copy, i would really appreciate that

Thanks
      Bill.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

I sent my email address via PM

Thanks
        Bill

Comment

I've sent you both both files - big files so it may take a while :)

Comment

Sorry chaps, my email has bounced back from both of you as 'undelivered, exceeds maximum size'

Comment

Hi Andrew,

I just sent a PM with an email address that should receive the files ok

Thanks
              Bill

Comment

Try looking in 'remanual' ..... just uploaded a copy to there.
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Curses - Does not look like it can be viewed ?

http://www.remanual.org/doc/200/jcb3cx-black-cab.html

Comment

Originally posted by soulman View Post
                    Curses - Does not look like it can be viewed ?

http://www.remanual.org/doc/200/jcb3cx-black-cab.html

Just replied to your PM Boyo ..... don't know why ...... took long enough to upload last night
                    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Mate runs the site , I will get on to him ,and see what the problem is .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                        Mate runs the site , I will get on to him ,and see what the problem is .
                        Just been saying it was your mate Ian, in a PM.
                        don't know why it doesn't wanna work
                        says it uploaded, but I can't get into it either .... on the site

Comment

Through the magic of Facebook Messaging . He replied straight away .Basicly , you need to be signed up to the site , And logged in.If i remember Correctly , the sign up and log in icons are not easierly seen .

Comment

Through the magic of Facebook Messaging . He replied straight away .Basicly , you need to be signed up to the site , And logged in.If i remember Correctly , the sign up and log in icons are not easierly seen .
                            thought I was logged in Ian ....... must've been last night to upload it ..... I'll have a look now

Comment

Nope .... logged in and still nada ..... Log in is top right of the page in the black bar

Comment

Working...
                              X