Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanmar b15-3 not turning over

Hi All

I bought a wee Yanmar mini digger for doing some work around the garden. I don't know much about these things and just learning as I go along.

She was running ok (although she takes a long time to start) now she's gave up and wont turn over. I tried charging the battery and even tried another battery that I know is good but it's still the same.

I'm thinking the starter motor but I don't know where it's located on this machine or if it's a big job

It's a Yanmar B15-3 Mini digger around 2003-2004

I'm also looking for a manual for this but had no luck

Most likely its had a problem with its heater plugs or the timer relay that controls them ... so you have to caw the engine over for ages before it fires paricularly when cold .. eventually.. that stresses other components such as the starter and battery, and its associated connections.

What does it do when you turn the key ? do you hear anything ? .. and welcome BTW
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hey. Thanks for you're reply and the warm welcome!

We left it for a couple of days then went back to it and it started again but as I said it does take a long time to start up! I think you're right.

do you have any idea what it would cost for glow plugs for this machine and where I could get them from? ( we are in Scottish/English borders

Thanks for your time!

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyBoy View Post
        Hey. Thanks for you're reply and the warm welcome!

We left it for a couple of days then went back to it and it started again but as I said it does take a long time to start up! I think you're right.

do you have any idea what it would cost for glow plugs for this machine and where I could get them from? ( we are in Scottish/English borders

Thanks for your time!
        Have a google ... maybees get someone to test the pugs first and see if they've gone closed/open circuit first
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Are you giving it time for the glow plugs to heat up before engaging the starter? You should have a light on the dash.
          Welcome BTW

Comment

Working...
          X