No announcement yet.

Nobodys railroad adventures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of work been done lately, and still lots to do. Digging pipes and manholes for cables all day and loving it does not hurt that we'r working in a beautiful part of the country

Heres a few of what we'r up to nowadays

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
      Lots of work been done lately, and still lots to do. Digging pipes and manholes for cables all day and loving it does not hurt that we'r working in a beautiful part of the country

Heres a few of what we'r up to nowadays

how the hell do you manage to get to dirty stone back in place then ..... doesn't look like it's been touched
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        how the hell do you manage to get to dirty stone back in place then ..... doesn't look like it's been touched
        Company secret!

Kidding. We always sort the mass as we dig. Scraped off the top layer and stored it between the rails
        With a rail excavator you basically dig by plowing, going back an forth, making it very easy to peal off layer by layer

Comment

• Hm.. seems like photobucket stopped cooperating.. You've been using photobucket a while Druid, do i need to pay for the p500 package?

Comment

Hm.. seems like photobucket stopped cooperating.. You've been using photobucket a while Druid, do i need to pay for the p500 package?
            WTF is the p500 package ?????

when i signed up i had 2gig free ..... and filled it pretty quick ..... then was told by someone that if you sign up for the mobile app too ... i.e. download it, you got another 10 gig ..... happy days ..... when i'd gotten to about 5 gig they locked me down and said I'd have to buy storage ..... as all me forum pix here and elsewhere are all on there I had no choice, other than pay or lose ALL my pix ..... so thought for $20US a year, WTH ..... have to say it's been going downhill of late - last few months - and have all sorts of issues.
            logging in can be a total PITA some nights and until you get logged in it's unusable for pop ups.
            Uploads have become hard work and very often you have to go looking for 'em as they ain't where you uploaded 'em to

I'm stuffed though ............... or lose ALL me pix everywhere
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• just switched to photobucket.. no more of that then! What a ****ing scam

Anyway, here's a video i experimented some editing on.. probing for cables, so nothing exciting.. but you get the idea of how we dig
              https://youtu.be/ID1SplkDL44

Comment

• love it .... bet you can pull the best grades on the planet, with those lovely rails to run on

very interesting and educational Boyo
                what you think of your shiny new machine now, after some use

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                  love it .... bet you can pull the best grades on the planet, with those lovely rails to run on

very interesting and educational Boyo
                  what you think of your shiny new machine now, after some use
                  Pulling grades like I was running on rails too dry

As a crawler excavator, best compact machine I've ever used. Both on hydraulics and stability. Cab comfort is very good too. Not too happy about the rail undercarriage tho.. pretty wobbly sadly :/

Edit: uh.. just occurred to me that "running like on rails" probably aint a saying in english.. for when something works smoothly

Comment

Pulling grades like I was running on rails too dry

As a crawler excavator, best compact machine I've ever used. Both on hydraulics and stability. Cab comfort is very good too. Not too happy about the rail undercarriage tho.. pretty wobbly sadly :/

Edit: uh.. just occurred to me that "running like on rails" probably aint a saying in english.. for when something works smoothly
                    Nope matey .... we have it too

Comment

• Changed exhaust on my better halfs car the other day..
                      Here's what you get for cheap exhaust parts

Comment

just switched to photobucket.. no more of that then! What a ****ing scam

Anyway, here's a video i experimented some editing on.. probing for cables, so nothing exciting.. but you get the idea of how we dig
                        https://youtu.be/ID1SplkDL44
                        Nice.

when I saw the electric car thought that you are digging trenches for the charging pole feeders

Comment

• looks like a Bosal exhaust ?? ..... TBF to them, there are so many variants on cars, it must be tough getting everyone bang on ... or the supplier just ****ed up

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattir View Post
                            Nice.

when I saw the electric car thought that you are digging trenches for the charging pole feeders
                            Would never comply to such instructions!

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                            looks like a Bosal exhaust ?? ..... TBF to them, there are so many variants on cars, it must be tough getting everyone bang on ... or the supplier just ****ed up
                            Dont remember, but it was swedish made, so what can one expect
                            It was ordered on registration number, so it sould've been bang on.. too short is one thing, but even the flange was on wrong

Comment

• Whaddya do when foreign truckers get stuck on narrow norwegian mountain roads?

You crane 'em out

Had to lift his trailer outwards of the curve as he drove foreward

Comment

Whaddya do when foreign truckers get stuck on narrow norwegian mountain roads?

You crane 'em out

Had to lift his trailer outwards of the curve as he drove foreward
                                Hoisted a few out of ditches in me time .... usual problem is it's too narrow for them to negotiate in the first place and is a nightmare to set a machine up in the available space.

Once had to reverse 4 miles up a lane to get at one, with me jib out the back .... too tight to slew around when I got there ... was an interesting drive !!

Comment

Working...
                                X