Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    Ah, yes!

Hehe! I'm just kidding dunno bout uk, but here the guys are either a duck or a track operator, and hate the other Myself would love to operate a duck though! Amazing hydraulic capacity!
    Bloody ducks are only for shooting..................well least the season opened here today..................pheasant all the way

Hate driving ducks myself..........................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      Bloody ducks are only for shooting..................well least the season opened here today..................pheasant all the way

No sense of adventure Stock or balance
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        No sense of adventure Stock or balance
        Wouldn't say that now lad done some hairy stuff in my time ....................probably associate them with the JCB I drove as a lad on site when they were all things to all men...................... operating ducks like trying to swim with arm and body floats one just keeps bobbin around getting nowt done, give me tracks anyday........

Comment

Ooops!!

Some tool those Gigas eh?
          Aye! Could run pretty much anything on the end of that thing Biggest obstacle would be the heigth of it, and you'll need a good foundation where you climb on the rails. That's really the only advantages of a tracked railer, on and off anywhere..

Hehehe! Each to his own
          Nevet really done any real work like digging or grading with a duck, so haven't made up an opinion yet..

Comment

Hehehe! Each to his own
            Nevet really done any real work like digging or grading with a duck, so haven't made up an opinion yet..
            Nordic diplomat to the last................... What are the day length like at the moment? Are you working in the dark much? Here now it dark 'til 8am and again at 16 30...........can't get nuttin done in these half days.

Comment

Nordic diplomat to the last................... What are the day length like at the moment? Are you working in the dark much? Here now it dark 'til 8am and again at 16 30...........can't get nuttin done in these half days.
              Pfft, diplomat I'm new, humble is what I am

Same as here then! Getting ligther from 8, starts to darken around 16 Fits the project tho, got the track from 8-16^^ get paid 7-17

Edit: just got home (2h drive), 5+ celcius! Warm winds

Comment

I'm new, humble is what I am

We'll knock that out of ya wait 'til the Qzzie gets the glove off..............
                Delighted to have ya aboard though..............

Comment

We'll knock that out of ya wait 'til the Qzzie gets the glove off..............
                  Delighted to have ya aboard though..............
                  Looking foreward to it
                  Thanks ;)

Comment

got the track from 8-16^^ get paid 7-17
                    Dat my kinda job ..
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      Dat my kinda job ..
                      Hehe! There are some nice benefits by having your day dictated by how the train traffic is! Can be a real pita too tho

Comment

Nothing new to show for. So i better keep up the flow with some old stuff

This was a weekend project. We dug, back filled and was train ready in about 8 hours with two diggers working from each side. One pc55 and a 8t Kubota. x8 160mm cable pipes where laid +1 manhole.

Nigthmare of a job.. Cables everywhere. We had most of them cat scanned and marked of course. But there was such amount of cables in the area that we had to teaspoon dig it all, scraping off maybe 3-5cm at a time..

Rail road related cables is a big issue here. No one knows or want to take responsability for where the cables are or if they are in use. Cat scan is at best a qualified guess, as there is lots of interferance..

Comment

did well not to 'kill' any of those Boyo .... nightmare !!
                          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

did well not to 'kill' any of those Boyo .... nightmare !!
                            All went well thankfully Worst part was the time schedule combined with digging like you where just about to hit a cable at any time.
                            The place was side tracks for freigth trains, placing railroad carts filled with cars coming in to the country by sea.. Didnt wanna delay that

Comment

That is a nightmare .. have you on the edge of your seat .... still .. I expect that they anticipate you 'hit' an odd service now and again when you are digging blind
                              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                                That is a nightmare .. have you on the edge of your seat .... still .. I expect that they anticipate you 'hit' an odd service now and again when you are digging blind
                                Yeah, no one's gonna get shit from anyone for hitting a cable. If it happens, it happens
                                But it can be very... inconvenient

Comment

Working...
                                X