Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobodys railroad adventures!

Alrigthy then! I kinda promised some pics, so here we go

I do railroad related stuff, mostly renewal and maintenance work. Usually driving track hoe with or without rail wheels.

Im in the making of a video too btw. Hope I'll finish it in january or so

Angle cutting in the morning^^

Today we where laying concrete cable throughs. These are layed along the railroad everywhere here, with purpose of good protection but easy accessability. They are covered with concrete lids.

Sadly, I didnt have time to take more interesting pics today.. But more to come!

What you driving ? ... I had a wee guess but gave in pic of your machine would be good
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

My guess is Volvo, they love a Volvo excavator in Norway!

Comment

Will do Muz ;) just have to take one

Almost Fairmer, your close ;) And yes, I love me a Volvo

Comment

It's beginning to get cold up here. The frost is just starting to get a hold of the ground, so the digging gets tough. Luckely, this have been taken into consideration so we are mostly left with laying cable troughs

Piece by piece

Also! Had the chance to jump out and snatch a pic of the machine It's a Cat 308

Comment

Cool .. so do they make a rail roader version ? or is it all add ons ?
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Cool .. so do they make a rail roader version ? or is it all add ons ?
              I'ts okay A bit small, and pretty wobbly compared to our komatsus (pc78 and pc138). Derailed twice in two weeks

It's all add ons. Made by Rosenqvist. Swedish firm, but I believe they produce alot of the mechanical parts in the uk. Expensive as all hell
              I think Hydrema and Liebherr is the only manufacturers who deliver their own factory mounted rail-road carriage? And those are ducks too cant have anything of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                I'ts okay A bit small, and pretty wobbly compared to our komatsus (pc78 and pc138). Derailed twice in two weeks

It's all add ons. Made by Rosenqvist. Swedish firm, but I believe they produce alot of the mechanical parts in the uk. Expensive as all hell
                I think Hydrema and Liebherr is the only manufacturers who deliver their own factory mounted rail-road carriage? And those are ducks too cant have anything of that!
                And colmar ..one of the biggies

http://www.colmarequipment.com/en/eq...ilroad-loaders

Comment

And Rexquote's Giga range Muz .... Taunton, Somerset
                  If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

nothing wrong with a good duck and they don't get much better than a Hydrema
                    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Ah, yes! Colmar of course! Never seen one, but would love you try one out some day. Looks good

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                      nothing wrong with a good duck and they don't get much better than a Hydrema
                      Hehe! I'm just kidding dunno bout uk, but here the guys are either a duck or a track operator, and hate the other Myself would love to operate a duck though! Amazing hydraulic capacity!

No excavator, but here's a 'drema in the backround for ya druid ;)

Comment

Ah, yes! Colmar of course! Never seen one, but would love you try one out some day. Looks good

Hehe! I'm just kidding dunno bout uk, but here the guys are either a duck or a track operator, and hate the other Myself would love to operate a duck though! Amazing hydraulic capacity!

No excavator, but here's a 'drema in the backround for ya druid ;)

8 Ton 'Tachi Boyo ?

you'd like these too .......

http://www.rexquote.co.uk/index.php?...d=54&Itemid=66

IIRC I think they're Komie and/or Terex based units... some capacities

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                          8 Ton 'Tachi Boyo ?
                          Nahh thats a Kubota

Comment

Woops! Thougth i replied earlier today!

That gigarailer looks BIG got some power too by the looks of it! Ahh, hope I get placed in something like it one day
                            Edit: took a second look at the sheet, 15 ton lifting cap! That would be handy x)

Correct Muz ;) Kubota rental we had for a weekend changing ballast where there had been a farmers crossing , pluss some other stuff

And yes.. It was I who nicked that cable to left
                            Last edited by Nobody; 30-11-2016, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Woops! Thougth i replied earlier today!

That gigarailer looks BIG got some power too by the looks of it! Ahh, hope I get placed in something like it one day
                              Edit: took a second look at the sheet, 15 ton lifting cap! That would be handy x)

Correct Muz ;) Kubota rental we had for a weekend changing ballast where there had been a farmers crossing , pluss some other stuff

And yes.. It was I who nicked that cable to left
                              Ooops!!

Some tool those Gigas eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X