Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo EC15B - How to remove the side cover in the cabin

Hello,

I want to remove the side cover, because the heating doesīt work when Iīm pushing the heating button. I removed all screws ant the cover is movable some cm in all directions, but I canīt remove it. I hope itīs not necessary to remove the right armrest. Who knows to do it?

Rechte Innenseite.jpg

Regards wowe

So it's the button you wanna check, rigth?
    They are fitted from the outside. It's almost always possible to free it by finding out where the barb is and push it in with something slim. Often hard without knowing what it looks like back there tho.. worth a try

Edit: also, you have checked the fuse i assume?

Comment

So it's the button you wanna check, rigth?
      Hey - I will explore the whole Heating. Iīm a Pessimist. I expect, the heating element is bad.

also, you have checked the fuse i assume?
      Hmmmm - I must admit that I hadnīt looked for this easy failure. But I will do it at first. Thanks for this tip

But nevertheless - who knows how to removfe the whole cover?

Regards wowe

Comment

IIRC the whole panel comes off .. but the heater blower and matrix is attached to it .. also there is a valve on the plastic cover that shuts off the water flow to the heater but its not very visible .. have you found that first?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

IIRC the whole panel comes off
          I suspect it also

but the heater blower and matrix is attached to it
          I know

also there is a valve on the plastic cover that shuts off the water flow to the heater but its not very visible .. have you found that first?
          Do you mean the regulation of the heating? There is a turning lever which I saw. I think this Lever controlls the hot water flow. Is something special with this lever?

Regards wowe

Comment

Originally posted by wowe View Post
            Do you mean the regulation of the heating? There is a turning lever which I saw. I think this Lever controlls the hot water flow. Is something special with this lever?
            Its a valve screwed to the grey plastic cover you are trying to take off down round the base of the dozer lever ... just in case someone turned it off
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Its a valve screwed to the grey plastic cover you are trying to take off down round the base of the dozer lever ... just in case someone turned it off
              The primary problem is that the fan doesnīt work. So the valve isnīt the problem. Today I was not at home. Tomorrow I will look to the fuse if itīs ok.

Comment

The primary problem is that the fan doesn't work. So the valve isn't the problem. Today I was not at home. Tomorrow I will look to the fuse if itīs ok.
                The fans commonly fail, dust kills them, but ive successfully resurrected a few think there's a thread on here to that effect

Comment

here ya go mate

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...ies+cab+heater

njoy

Comment

Thank you very very much

Comment

To remove the heating, the sidecover must be removed or at least it must be possible to pull the cover at the upperside away from the cabin. But in both cases, the armrest is in the way.
                      So it must be removed.

IMG_0356.jpg

Below the armrest this screw must be removed - then you can move the armrest up like on the left side.

IMG_0357.jpg

But this was not enough. So it must be completely removed.

IMG_0358.jpg

You can remove this screws - but they were so tighten, that I did another way.

IMG_0359.jpg

After removing the circlip this bolt can be removed and the armrest pushed to the side.

IMG_0360.jpg

After further disassembling the seat - it is fixed by 4 scews at the underside - there is enough place to work.

IMG_0361.jpg

Now the cover can be pulled away. The first I saw was the terrible technical construction. The heating is not fixed at the cabin wall - itīs standing free and hold by the fixed cover. I think the reassembling will be not easy...
                      The next step will be the removing of the heating...

Comment

To remove the heating, the sidecover must be removed or at least it must be possible to pull the cover at the upperside away from the cabin. But in both cases, the armrest is in the way.
                        So it must be removed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3395[/ATTACH]

Below the armrest this screw must be removed - then you can move the armrest up like on the left side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3396[/ATTACH]

But this was not enough. So it must be completely removed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3397[/ATTACH]

You can remove this screws - but they were so tighten, that I did another way.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3398[/ATTACH]

After removing the circlip this bolt can be removed and the armrest pushed to the side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3399[/ATTACH]

After further disassembling the seat - it is fixed by 4 scews at the underside - there is enough place to work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3400[/ATTACH]

Now the cover can be pulled away. The first I saw was the terrible technical construction. The heating is not fixed at the cabin wall - itīs standing free and hold by the fixed cover. I think the reassembling will be not easy...
                        The next step will be the removing of the heating...
                        I dont remember having to take the console off ? .. but it was a while ago .. so .. at least you have it removed I'll look forward to your analysis of mending the heater ... As a kid I had a decent model train set .. so I learned a bit about armatures , commutators, and brushes .. stood me well for repairing motors like this

Comment

Nice of you to make a write-up on this! The more ya know..

Comment

Good stuff!

My -15 blower works, but the air could be fresher. Will open the cover and try vacuuming the blower. Quess there's no filter?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
                              . Quess there's no filter?
                              No chance ! its basic stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X