X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jameswilkinson7 View Post
    Looks like I have a problem!
    The gearbox oil has become contaminated with water from the oil cooler
    I lost drive forwards and backwards and discovered the problem.
    I have drained the oil from the gearbox, Loads of water came out, Then milky oil.

I'm I going to have to remove the gearbox and replace the clutch? Or do the clutches in these stand water contamination?

Cant believe my luck, I always seem to buy a lemon!
    So its not a forward reverse shuttle on that model ? .. If its a clutch, that will be in a separate section forward of the gearbox
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ahhh! I guess I've just answered my own question. I've found friction material when I've taken the strainer out!

Comment

It is a forward / reverse model. You put it in gear and then there is a forward or reverse stick on the console.

Comment

Old Fordson tractors ran with milky oil in the back end all the time and it never bothered them. They got a lot of condensation inside the gear casing that caused the problem, apart from water ingress round dip sticks etc

BTW James, I might split this thread off from your welcome post, as any info from here is in the wrong home (just keeps forum tidier for people looking for info)
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thats fine Muz. I can start another thread in the correct area if that makes it easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              So its not a forward reverse shuttle on that model ? .. If its a clutch, that will be in a separate section forward of the gearbox
              Out of curiosity, are you saying that jcb backhoes has a dry clutch when without power shift (or whatever it's called)?

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                Out of curiosity, are you saying that jcb backhoes has a dry clutch when without power shift (or whatever it's called)?
                Well thats how they evolved .. from tractor skid units .. but .. as in the OP's 3CX case I was fairly sure it was a shuttle transmission which he has confirmed

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  Well thats how they evolved .. from tractor skid units .. but .. as in the OP's 3CX case I was fairly sure it was a shuttle transmission which he has confirmed
                  Ah, right! Kinda said itself i suppose thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X