Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all newbie here!

hello

just wanted to introduce myself, I farm sheep in Rossendale Lancashire and have just purchased a 1995 801.4 to do simple tasks around the place. Whilst I am a know nowt , as I learn about the machine I will contribute to the forum with any of my experiences good or bad. Hope I can ask daft questions too without being judged too harshly.

best wishes

Mike

Welcome Mike!

I hope the jcb (correct?) treats you well!

This forum is top tire for daft questions, with its patient moderator and helpful members from what i've seen so far

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
      Hope I can ask daft questions too without being judged too harshly.
      Welcome Mike ... we don't do judgemental here ... well possibly the mental ... feel free to ask away
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Nice welcome,I thank you. I suppose my first question is who would you recommend in the north west (Lancashire area) for any spare parts and manuals for the machine, I know for sure I will need the cab heater unit or the fan because after checking fuses and replacing 2 when I pressed the fan button smoke started rising from where the wires enter the unit . I know I could google it up but prefer any recommendations from experienced people really. Thanks in advance. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
          Nice welcome,I thank you. I suppose my first question is who would you recommend in the north west (Lancashire area) for any spare parts and manuals for the machine, I know for sure I will need the cab heater unit or the fan because after checking fuses and replacing 2 when I pressed the fan button smoke started rising from where the wires enter the unit . I know I could google it up but prefer any recommendations from experienced people really. Thanks in advance. Mike
          Its most likely seized with dust or debris .. you might be able to save it Depending on how handy you are that is .. Ive certainly saved a few of mine from different machines, and theres a few threads on here to that effect
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Welcome Mike, anyone from Lancs has got to be OK.
            Used to farm in the Trough of Bowland about 30+ years ago.
            Had me an 801.4 for about 4 years now, sadly don't get enough time on it, sadly can't help with the heater problem, mine only gets warm when the sun is shining, then only from June to the middle of September. I'm OK when it's raining, as long as it's coming straight down, only got a canopy on mine, but then why would I need a cab, I'm in Somerset after all.
            I have a manual, on the comp, that is, I know there is a policy of 10 posts, but if you PM me your email, I will send you a copy.
            Don't forget to keep on asking those daft questions.
            We all have to start somewhere, and on here is a b****y good place to start.
            Plenty of banter and some very clever people, who will go out of their way to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Its most likely seized with dust or debris .. you might be able to save it Depending on how handy you are that is .. Ive certainly saved a few of mine from different machines, and theres a few threads on here to that effect
              I will give it a go Muz- thanks for the ray of optimism too.

Comment

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
                Welcome Mike, anyone from Lancs has got to be OK.
                Used to farm in the Trough of Bowland about 30+ years ago.
                Had me an 801.4 for about 4 years now, sadly don't get enough time on it, sadly can't help with the heater problem, mine only gets warm when the sun is shining, then only from June to the middle of September. I'm OK when it's raining, as long as it's coming straight down, only got a canopy on mine, but then why would I need a cab, I'm in Somerset after all.
                I have a manual, on the comp, that is, I know there is a policy of 10 posts, but if you PM me your email, I will send you a copy.
                Don't forget to keep on asking those daft questions.
                We all have to start somewhere, and on here is a b****y good place to start.
                Plenty of banter and some very clever people, who will go out of their way to help you out.
                Thanks Ginger ,Trough of Bowland my favourite place, we came here from Chipping. Somerset is a lovely county though and cider on tap Going to have a bash at dismantling the heater to take a look, though I don't think I am going to like what I see but Muz has given me a ray of hope on that one. Oh wow a manual would be great will send a pm, that would be much appreciated. Any recommendations on local parts suppliers?
                many thanks
                Mike

Comment

Check your email Mike.

Comment

Check your email Mike.
                    Fantastic thank you.

Comment

Put up some photo's of your new machine, and of any work you do, we all like to see others kit.
                      Hope you can get that heater sorted, it's the kind of weather for it now, at this time of year.

Comment

Put up some photo's of your new machine, and of any work you do, we all like to see others kit.
                        Big Aye! to that

Comment

here she is

Comment

Tidy wee yoke there Mike

Comment

Very tidy looking machine you have got yourself, should do you well.

Lights and plumbed for a breaker, what more could you want?

Bit envious of all that glass to keep back the wind and rain.

Comment

Working...
                              X