Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand tools! Crappy tools, pricy tools and best bang for buck tools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something like that, ye..
    Haha! Well, professional customers can throw that warranty out the window anyway :p

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
      Something like that, ye..
      Haha! Well, professional customers can throw that warranty out the window anyway :p
      Nah that's not the warranty .... that's the length of time they'll supply spares for .... after that .... you am ****ed

Best drill they ever made - IMHDO - TE17 .... got mine sat in its box, in need of new brushes .. looks as good as new un-usable
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

That's just sad bit wierd too.. I dont think they make much selling the drill itself.. aftermarket is what brings the money..

Comment

That's just sad bit wierd too.. I dont think they make much selling the drill itself.. aftermarket is what brings the money..
          no ... it's bloody annoying ..... perfectly good drill, unusable for the sake of two lil' carbon brushes ..... "but we could sell you a new drill sir"

you jest!!!! last make I'd ever buy again ... no matter how good they are
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            no ... it's bloody annoying ..... perfectly good drill, unusable for the sake of two lil' carbon brushes ..... "but we could sell you a new drill sir"

you jest!!!! last make I'd ever buy again ... no matter how good they are
            maybe these would help?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Brush...m41bbb64456:g:

Comment

Hm... But is/was it better with any other "professional" grade electric tools?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
                My hero

I've looked on ebay on and off for a long time and never been able to find anything .... brushes ordered Thank you Boyo

Comment

Hm... But is/was it better with any other "professional" grade electric tools?
                  Makita are brilliant for spares as are Hitachi and Dewalt

It's the fact that they (Hilti) make the choice to withdraw support for equipment, that is well enough made, to far outlast their support program

Comment

Makita are brilliant for spares as are Hitachi and Dewalt

It's the fact that they (Hilti) make the choice to withdraw support for equipment, that is well enough made, to far outlast their support program
                    That is outright a shitty practice.. and i dont even understand why
                    Guess Hiltis needs to be abused to death in 10 year intervals then I know we do..

Comment

That is outright a shitty practice.. and i dont even understand why
                      Guess Hiltis needs to be abused to death in 10 year intervals then I know we do..
                      thing with Hiltis is ....... they'll take the abuse ..... looked after well they last ad infinitum

Comment

thing with Hiltis is ....... they'll take the abuse ..... looked after well they last ad infinitum
                        That they do some of my colleagues has a tendency to run things over tho. Solves many a problem

Comment

I guess the Hilti product developers have seen enough abuse to design for use and not only for brochures.

Comment

There was a reference to brushes on the first page, so I thought you guys may find my local 'brushes shop' amusing.
                            All the brushes on the left, right and rear have copper braid molded into them while foreground are solid blanks.
                            The shinny parts dead center are mechanical pump seals.

Oh ... having trouble attaching a jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Gecko View Post
                              There was a reference to brushes on the first page, so I thought you guys may find my local 'brushes shop' amusing.
                              All the brushes on the left, right and rear have copper braid molded into them while foreground are solid blanks.
                              The shinny parts dead center are mechanical pump seals.

Oh ... having trouble attaching a jpg
                              you've not made enough posts yet to qualify for pic privileges .... 5 posts required IIRC keeps the spammers and bots at bay

Comment

I read the rules and they are .... a little non-specific.
                                Brushs .jpg
                                (this pic should have been in the post above)
                                Last edited by Gecko; 18-07-2019, 04:52 PM. Reason: reached 'pic privaliges'

Comment

Working...
                                X