Druids new 5 Tonner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Druids new 5 Tonner

Been looking for a cheap 5 tonner on tracks .... I'll add these models to my list ..... but then again ......
    do they persist in screwing perfectly good machines with over complex, unreliable, lectrickery crap

What's your opinion of the old skool 5 ton Hanix,s ???
    I know they're sticks not pilot/servo, but I'm told they're bloody strong old tools!!

I particularly like the boom set up

Attached Files
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Looks like a boom heavy POS if you ask me ! .. knuckle booms dont allow the same degree of articulation IMO as a king post offset and dozer combined ... plus have other draw backs ...
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz
      Looks like a boom heavy POS if you ask me ! .. knuckle booms dont allow the same degree of articulation IMO as a king post offset and dozer combined ... plus have other draw backs ...

I'm told by a couple of folk I know, who have had them, that they are a pretty bullet proof tool and lift like ****
      I've never been a lover of king posted tools mate ..... hence the attraction of the boom .... for me.

I do know where there is one currently in use and ought to go have a play ... I might not like it, but its current owner can't be persuaded to part with it, so must have something about it ........ otherwise I'm gonna have to build another scaled down VA-r, for summat ...... 'cos I really do not like king posts
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        I'm told by a couple of folk I know, who have had them, that they are a pretty bullet proof tool and lift like ****
        I've never been a lover of king posted tools mate ..... hence the attraction of the boom .... for me.
        With a knuckle boom you cant put a hammer on it (probs not an issue for you) and the articulation range is smaller, also you have less lift capacity in general .. are you seriously telling me dude you want to go back to lever control ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          With a knuckle boom you cant put a hammer on it (probs not an issue for you) and the articulation range is smaller, also you have less lift capacity in general .. are you seriously telling me dude you want to go back to lever control ?
          er nope !! but ..... they'm built like tanks, by all accounts and for what I wanna use it for ... tip sorting .... it'll do ..... oh and they can be had for sensible-ish coin, so it can sit about ad infinitum

Something new and shiny on servos'd be nice ..... at a price though and this is just gonna be a secondary tool to deal with what I can't get at with the 'Drema ..... or Jakie .................... 'course if you felt like donating a servo-ed 5-ish tonner, all tilty-ed up, to a deserving cause ....... I'll PM you my address
          Last edited by v8druid; 30-12-2016, 12:58 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

No idea bout that hanix, but sure looks funky!

Comment

From the end of this thread

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...-Puma-problems

You suggested

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              so to summarise ...... was a great tool apart from the piece of shit electronics which kept it all together Pretty Much .. Its not a new story and a shame some manufacturers cant keep the mix correct
              And I agree .. theres no doubt electrics played a part in the demise of a good machine like it has done with many other .. however I believe the electronics have moved on , whilst the hydraulics engineering has yet to catch up .. I know that doesent answer your questions, because you are looking for a great digger with simple electrics, I think the closest you might come to that is an early Hitachi EX60 which..... ( ) has no boom offset

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                From the end of this thread

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...-Puma-problems

You suggested

And I agree .. theres no doubt electrics played a part in the demise of a good machine like it has done with many other .. however I believe the electronics have moved on , whilst the hydraulics engineering has yet to catch up .. I know that doesent answer your questions, because you are looking for a great digger with simple electrics, I think the closest you might come to that is an early Hitachi EX60 which..... ( ) has no boom offset
                Bugger ..... more VA-r building required ..... will take some doing on a smaller scale ... need room for all the plumbing or (wash my mouth out) buy one of 'the competition's' tiltys

Comment

Working...
                X