Tidy Up Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tidy Up Wiring

Put some candles on me digger, got some floppy wiring to deal with, had myself a thought, and my question is this.
    Can I use a glue gun to stick the wiring into place, I'm thinking this would probably make the tidiest job, but will the hot glue melt the plastic covering on the wire? I guess I should answer my own question and try it out on some, before I commit to the wire with the leccy in it. Just wondered if anyone else had had the same thought and already done this.
    TIA

Nah, hot gun glue wont melt the insulation Maybe it would if was highly flexible silicone kinda insulation..

On another note.. Haven't used gun glue in a long time, but doesn't it get quite brittle?? Thinking it might break up pretty fast when exposed vibrations and/or varying temps.. edit: also, weather

Comment

I don't think any semi permanent fixture is a good thing when it comes to wiring just my HO ofcourse
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

self adhesive cable tie mounts I use .... and when they detach, have some of the stickiest double sided 3M tape I've ever used, to re-mount 'em
        usually stay put after that

Could always glue some split convoluted trunking in place otherwise and stick yer wires inside that
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
          Nah, hot gun glue wont melt the insulation Maybe it would if was highly flexible silicone kinda insulation..
          Came to think about what i wrote here, and that it's entirely wrong. Just want to put in that Silicone do not melt at lower temperatures. Generally, it's pretty heat resistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
            Came to think about what i wrote here, and that it's entirely wrong. Just want to put in that Silicone do not melt at lower temperatures. Generally, it's pretty heat resistant.
            Aye ...... the boss's silicon cake trays seem to stick being in the oven pretty well for sure Boyo ..... pretty impressive stuff really
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
            X